Volunteering Experience Manager
Charing Cross Hospital, London (with travel between our three other offices at Edgware Road, Hammersmith Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital)
We're Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, we successfully managed an emergency response at our hospitals, engaging over 580 crisis response volunteers (most of whom we recruited during the pandemic).
Since then, and as the pandemic has calmed and then intensified again, we have been working to restart and rebuild our volunteering programme to align with new ways of working and the new realities of our health service.
As such, we’re looking for a Volunteering Experience Manager to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £40,087 - £44,306, starting on £40,087
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Access to gym discounts
- Support towards healthcare costs, including eye tests and dental, and support with mental health through counselling
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, above statutory requirements
- Sick and compassionate leave above statutory requirements
- High street and online discounts through a Blue Light Card
If you are creative and have fantastic volunteering management and administrative skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to join our team and help shape and develop our exceptional volunteering programme.
Our volunteers form a vital part of our fabric and play a key role in helping us continue to provide a high-quality experience for patients, staff and visitors. You’ll play a key role in our success moving forward, taking our volunteer experience to the next level and driving positive change throughout.
So, if you are looking for an exciting new role and are keen to become a valued member of our team, we want to hear from you!
As a Volunteering Experience Manager, you’ll be key to ensuring our volunteers enjoy an exceptional experience as part of a smooth and engaging volunteering programme.
In this key role, you’ll help create a volunteer journey where individuals are supported, given the tools they need to succeed and recognised for their hard work. You’ll ensure we are always innovating, improving and providing the best experience possible.
You’ll take ownership of key digital systems and tools so that everything runs cohesively and works efficiently. You’ll also manage activities, tools and services across all our hospital sites so we deliver a consistent service to colleagues within the department and our NHS Trust.
Additionally, to support a smooth on-boarding process for new volunteers when they join, you’ll manage all procurement activities and supplier relationships.
To join us as our Volunteering Experience Manager, you will need:
- Working knowledge of best practice in volunteer management with the ability to develop policies, procedures and resources
- Excellent administrative skills
- The ability to write well for a range of audiences using a variety of methods
- Some knowledge and experience of project management
- Experience in, and confidence in, presenting or delivering training to a variety of audiences
- The ability to work flexibly including some evening and weekend working
- The ability to influence people to embrace change and new ways of working
- Strong IT skills
This is a permanent, full-time role working 35 hours per week.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Journey Executive, Volunteer Engagement Manager, Volunteering Manager, or Volunteering Service Manager.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Volunteering Experience Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.