As a senior member of the fundraising team, the post holder will lead Alder Hey Children’s Charity’s individual giving and legacy fundraising with a focus on maximising income and lifetime value.
They will develop and implement multi-year strategies to significantly increase income and other support from these areas, in-line with the overall fundraising strategy.
They will also play a key role in developing donor journeys for our existing and new supporters ensuring that donors feel valued and informed about the impact they are making.
The main duties of the role include:
Strategic Planning, Financial Management & Reporting
- Develop and implement strategic, multi-year plans and budgets for individual giving fundraising to significantly increase income and support including regular giving, direct mail, digital fundraising and legacy giving activity.
- Monitor progress against strategic plans and budgets producing regular fundraising and activity reports and other agreed KPIs including compiling reforecasts.
- Maximise the value, diversity and longevity of the individual giving income stream through excellent stewardship and relationship management, including developing segmented donor journeys, acquisition and retention plans, monitoring progress and identifying and optimising growth opportunities.
- Implement donor journeys for all individual supporters e.g. regular and cash givers
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop creative, innovative and targeted fundraising campaigns to engage new and existing supporters and maximise all fundraising opportunities.
- Work with the wider marketing team to produce engaging case studies and fundraising appeals across all communication channels.
- Ensure thank you letter templates are reviewed and updated regularly
- Working with the Head of Marketing, develop and implement a digital fundraising strategy.
- Support the Head of Philanthropy by assisting in the identification of potential major donors from current individual givers and the development of a high value individual giver programme.
- Lead on the promotion of, and supporter care for, legacy giving. Including; ensuring strong legacy messaging in communications across the charity, developing supporter ‘thank you’ events, maintaining and developing strong relationships with current legacy pledgers and sustaining and developing relationships with local solicitors.
- Working with the Finance Manager efficiently oversee the management of the legacy pipeline ensuring strong and effective relationships with executors and that all legal requirements and best practice are followed.
Innovation & Development
- Be the lead specialist in individual giving fundraising and maintain strong knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of trends and developments in the sector, through completing relevant training, reviewing relevant press and publications and keeping up to date with industry news
- Identify potential new opportunities and fundraising activities and assist in the preparation of business cases for investment.
- Explore new ways to take donations and implement, utilising latest industry trends and technology.
- Utilise the supporter database to maintain accurate records, for data segmentation and for income and other KPI reporting purposes to ensure the effective management of all individual giving and legacy fundraising activities.
- Work with the Database Manager to maximise CRM potential for data management and optimise automatization of segmented donor journeys.
Internal & External Relationships
- Manage relationships with external fundraising and creative agencies and ensure clear objectives and targets are set and monitored.
- Work with colleagues throughout the organisation to identify and approach key stakeholder groups close to the organisation e.g. service users, families and friends
- Be an active and supportive member of the Alder Hey Children’s Charity team, contributing to the team’s development and working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers.
- Be an outstanding advocate for Alder Hey Children’s Charity in line with the core values of the organisation.
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the charity’s work, priorities and future plans and act as a spokesperson for the charity when required, including representing at external events as appropriate.
To apply for this role, please include your CV and covering letter explaining your suitabilityfor the role no later than 17:00 on Tuesday 4th January 2022