Corporate Relations Officer
Location: Rochester Airport
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000
Application Deadline: 10th December 2021
Air Ambulance Charity Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) provides world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. We serve a population of 4.8 million people plus a transient population of 90 million people, making us one of the busiest Air Ambulances in the UK. We are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcomes.
To support our service, we are looking for a highly engaged and organised Corporate Relations Officer who will provide a high level of stewardship to our ever-expanding portfolio of corporate supporters within our communities.
Although this is a fixed-term maternity cover position, the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and delivering the stewardship and fundraising activities that we offer to our corporate supporters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised individual who can manage a range of multiple tasks at once. Previous experience within corporate fundraising would be desirable, however the role may provide an opportunity for interested applicants who want to commence a career within corporate fundraising and/or business development.
Duties to include:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of corporate fundraising activities to meet income targets, working collaboratively with teams across the organisation to ensure high quality outcomes
- Provide appropriate stewardship to businesses and their employees. Communicating in a timely and professional fashion either by email, telephone, letter or face to face, taking into consideration charity guidelines and values
- Assist the Head of Corporate Relations in expanding KSS’s portfolio. This may include supporting new initiatives or developing compelling pitches and proposals for Charity of the Year partnerships or other funding opportunities
- Collaborate with the Events Team to support the successful delivery of KSS fundraising events (e.g. the annual Golf Day), considering sponsorship opportunities and business participation
- To record and maintain accurate information on corporate relationships within the charity’s database system
- Provide support to organisations to maximise income or staff fundraising. Log and arrange disbursement of any gifts in kind from corporate organisations to ensure maximum benefits to the KSS
- To manage the network of collection boxes, exploring and proposing new opportunities to grow cash income through collections, including how sites could be expanded or the contribution of volunteers improved
- Maintain an awareness of KSS’s strategy and vision for the future and how corporate fundraising might play a role in supporting with funding opportunities
- Understand and keep up to date on all relevant fundraising regulations and best practice guidelines – as set out by KSS’s internal processes, policies and procedures
- Work closely with colleagues within the broader Income Generation and Marketing and Communications Team to ensure consistency of the KSS brand and messaging within the department’s activities
- Develop relationships with the Operational and Clinical Managers to support corporate activities such as base visits and HEMS Insight Days
Please be aware that KSS will look to conduct interviews in early December, however this vacancy will continue to be advertised until a successful candidate has been appointed.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Corporate Relations Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Relations Officer, Corporate Relations Manager, Fundraising Officer, Senior Relations Officer, Corporate Relations Comms Manager, or Corporate Relations Co-ordinator.