About The Mix
The Mix is a free, confidential support service for under 25s - making a massive difference to over two million young people in the UK each year. Whatever issue a young person is facing, The Mix is always there for them - online, over the phone or via social media. It connects young people to experts and their peers to talk about everything from money to mental health, from homelessness to jobs, from break-ups to drugs.
Today’s young people face an unprecedented range of challenges. They are possibly the first generation worse off in physical and emotional terms than their parents. The Mix’s mission is to ensure that every young person can make informed choices about their wellbeing – wherever and whenever they are: www.themix.org.uk
The Mix is at an exciting point, where the Development Team is rapidly expanding to meet supporter demand. The team is looking for an experienced Trust & Foundation Manager to develop a portfolio of funders to join us providing life changing and lifesaving services to young people. This is a great opportunity to shape and contribute to effective fundraising practices at The Mix.
Vision, Mission and Values
What we do: The Mix is here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions, and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have in order to give them the best support through our digital and phone services.
Vision: To be the first point of contact for under 25s. We know that with the right skills and opportunities, you can take on anything that life throws your way.
Mission: To empower everyone under 25 in the UK with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the right first steps in life. Life is hard, but support doesn’t have to be.
• Empowering - we lead, we train & support, we respect, we give space to grow, we give power to chose
• Brave - we innovate, we pioneer, we take risks, we tell it how it is
• Supportive - we listen, we encourage, we care, we’re understanding, we are empathetic
• Collaborative - we are open & transparent, we co-create, we respect, experience & expertise
• Proactive - we create situations, we make things happen, we get things done
• Non-judgemental - we do not judge, we do not criticise, we do not blame Job Description
Job title: Philanthropy Manager
Department: Fundraising & Development
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Key areas of responsibility:• Recruit and steward High Net Worth Individuals from a range of backgrounds to achieve income against annual fundraising targets.
• Identifying and cultivating major funders and funding streams to grow income from these organisations and expand our sustainable prospect pipeline.
• To plan, develop and execute exciting and engaging stewardship and cultivation events with young people for High Net Worth Individuals.
• Establishing and developing appropriate relationships with individuals and their organisations to grow income for the charity year-on-year.
• Manage our core funding – focusing on unrestricted income from a range of individuals donating at different levels.
• Work across the charity, especially with the service delivery directorate, to collaboratively create exciting and convincing cases for support.
• To write reports for funders on how their donation has helped young people
• Working closely with Head of Fundraising to report on and evaluate High Net Worth Individual fundraising income, expenditure, and ROIs.
• To manage project budgets to ensure there is not over or under spend
• To represent The Mix externally at fundraising and profile-raising events and relevant sector forums.
• To keep abreast of and share developments in High Net Worth Individual fundraising, statutory fundraising and major gifts.
• To do other related duties to this role, as required.
• This role has the potential to expand with demand.
• A proven track record of successful income generation (6+figures) from High Net Worth Individuals.
• Experience line managing staff and/or volunteers, preferably in a fundraising environment.
• Experience in project management – including budget development and day to day management, project planning and delivery, and project evaluation.
• Excellent people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach
• Excellent planning, problem solving and organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as an active team member.
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take risks and learn from mistakes.
• A passion for working with young people.
• Experience is using file sharing systems such as SharePoint
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience and/or understanding of other fundraising income streams.
• Experience working with Salesforce, or similar database.
• A strong network within the charity and funding sectors.
• Interest and/or enthusiasm for using digital for good.
• Good understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and safe working practices.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £39,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Hybrid working - Office based in Central London (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home
Pension: 4% employee contribution secures 4% employers’ contribution to stakeholder pension scheme
Hours: This post is part time with 21 working hours a week. The role has the potential to grow as demand increases and full-time hours or job share will be considered when needed. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for which time of in lieu will be given.
Annual leave: You will be entitled to 35 days of holiday pro rata, which includes the 8 Statutory Bank Holiday during each year.
• Flexible and remote working available
• Eyecare vouchers
• Life assurance
• Weekly staff socials, plus Summer and Christmas Party
• Colleague of the month – awarded half a day extra annual leave
• Central London location
• Clinical supervision offered for front line services staff
• Coaching Environment
• Learning, development and training options
How to apply
- To apply, please include a short summary of relevant work experience (up to 500 words). Please DO NOT send CVs. - Please send answers to the following 5 questions. Each question has equal weighing.1. Describe how you would approach a new High Net Worth Individual to secure multiyear funding for The Mix. Include the process and your role in it. Use real examples from your experience. (up to 400 words)
2. At The Mix, we a large pipeline of potential High Net Worth Individuals. Describe how you would manage this pipeline and accurately keep records of funding and reporting requirements. (up to 400 words)
3. How would you ensure that all teams at The Mix are consulted when building a written report for a High Net Worth Individual? (up to 400 words)
4. Give an example of when you have had to meet a tight deadline but maintained your business as usual. (up to 400 words)
5. The funding landscape has change in the past year where might there be new opportunities to engage with High Net Worth Individuals? (up to 400 words)
Please send all applications to email@example.com.