Our purpose is simple: to save lives at sea.
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone.
We’re looking for a social media professional with strong customer service skills to support our goal to make every supporter feel valued and loved by the RNLI, as well as helping to achieve ambitious fundraising targets, protect the RNLI’s reputation, and deliver lifesaving safety messages to the public.
As a Social Media Executive, your focus will be to…
- Deliver first class customer service to supporters, volunteers and members of the public who engage with the RNLI on social media
- Create, curate and schedule engaging content for our social media channels
- Be alert and responsive to the news agenda, keeping abreast of issues affecting the RNLI and identifying PR opportunities and trends on social media that we can engage with
- Provide support during crisis and major issues response
You’ll be experienced and comfortable communicating with the public and customers/supporters via social media, ideally in the charity sector. You will be able to demonstrate the skill required to nurture an online community, and provide an excellent customer/supporter experience. To be considered for the Social Media Executive role you will have:
- A proven record in customer service and community management via social
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
- Experience creating basic content for social media
- Creative ideas that you can translate into engaging content
- The ability to communicate well with other teams and stakeholders
Location flexible: fully or partially based at home or our Lifeboat Support Centre in Poole.
For more information and to apply, please visit the RNLI recruitment page.
Closing date: 5 December 2021.