Migrant Rough Sleeper Navigator
Kingston upon Thames
37.5 hours, fixed term contract until 31st March 2022 (with the potential to extend)
An amazing opportunity to help change the lives of marginalised rough sleepers and help them move from rough sleeping to independence.
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future. For over 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and gain support to overcome the barriers they face. We provide a range of accommodation and support services.
We’re currently looking for a Navigator to join our passionate team and support the delivery of our rough sleeper outreach service.
As a navigator, you will work as part of SPEAR’s integrated services to provide a high quality, efficient and effective service to clients who experience long-term entrenched homelessness and who often find it difficult to access services.
Working alongside the SPEAR outreach worker’s you will identify clients and then work to build meaningful rapport and assist them to undertake an assessment process to allow people to gain access to the relevant services required to increase their quality of life and ultimately enter accommodation-based services and move away from rough sleeping and the accompanying vulnerability that this presents.
Focusing on the presenting issues such as substance misuse, physical or mental health you will work to create and implement specific plans to address any identified need.
Duties will include:
- Providing a continued and consistent point of contact whilst assisting clients in navigating the various change pathways
- To provide an environment where the client feels that positive life change is both within reach and achievable.
- Organising and providing appropriate support to people who are sleeping rough
- Effective liaison with other relevant agencies, professionals and stakeholders
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following:
- An understanding of the issues that can lead to entrenched, long-term rough sleeping and a commitment to working creatively to address the issues
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour in a positive manner
- Ability to work professionally with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and recording skills
This is a full-time role, which will include occasional shifts to reflect the clients rough sleeping habits. A driving licence is preferred, but not essential.
*This role will include x 1 outreach shift per week*
- Salary of £27,300 per annum
- 26 days’ annual leave, plus Bank Holidays (rising to 31 with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of benefits, including cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a brilliant opportunity to support the delivery of vital services and make a tangible impact on some of the most vulnerable in the community.
For further and more detailed information on the role and person specification, please review the Job Description.
SPEAR is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
At SPEAR, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Migrants Rough Sleeper Navigator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
CLOSING DATE: 1ST DECEMBER 2021