Supporter Relationship Manager
Mosaic Middle East is a UK based international Christian charity with some 20 years’ experience of working on relief and reconciliation in the Middle East. This new role has been created to identify and build relationships with current, past and potential donors, charitable trusts, corporate bodies and governmental agencies and legacy pledgers in order to grow income.
Working closely with the CEO and Projects Executive, the Supporter Relationship Manager will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You will be joining us at an innovating phase for the charity as we are about to launch a new CRM, with the exciting potential to build exciting new projects and areas of work to present to our current faithful supporters and new contacts with an interest in social justice and international development.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
- Identify and develop relationships with current, past and potential major donors, charitable trusts, corporate bodies, governmental agencies and legacy pledgers in order to grow income.
- Build resilient long-term relationships with the donors, ensuring they are kept well-informed about projects, programmes and organisational developments, with the aim that donors feel a strong sense of belonging to the Mosaic Middle East families
- Develop understanding of our donors’ interests and profiles, utilising the new CRM.
- Build our donor relationships by telephone engagement, postal and digital communications.
- Use multiple research methods to build a prospective donor pipeline and manage this effectively to ensure each supporter receives appropriate cultivation and stewardship.
- Boost existing donors’ contributions to the Charity.
- Transform interest in our emails and website into donations.
- Develop and deliver the legacy marketing strategy to maximise the recruitment and retention of legacy supporters.
- Work closely with the administrator and finance assistant to provide support for donations from all major gifts including data entry and thanking.
- Deliver a tailored stewardship plan for each major donor over £5K.
- Under the guidance of the CEO, Projects Executive and Operations Manager, take forward applications for priority projects to charitable trusts, grant givers or others as identified.
- Together with the wider Charity team, provide a high standard of customer service to supporters, staff and members of the public who contact the charity about donating, particularly larger gifts including legacies.
- Maintain accurate and timely database records and deliver reports as required to identify relevant activity.
- Develop ad-hoc projects to generate sources of income, including special events, both in person and via Zoom.
- Assist in customer service roles when the organisation requires.
Experience, Skills and Values Required
- Knowledge and experience of working with a CRM database
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in supporter/customer relationship management.
- An excellent phone manner.
- A personable and warm personality, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of age groups and donor profiles, from schools to church leaders.
- Flexible and dedicated approach to work with a genuine interest in working collaboratively with colleagues across the charity.
- Highly accurate and excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively.
- Proven understanding of fundraising practices.
- Numerate with a good understanding of budgets and financial accounts.
- Experience of arranging special events would be highly desirable.