Governance and Business Assurance Officer
Gloucester, Gloucestershire - Working from Home
£30,789 per annum
Permanent, Full time hours (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
About Our Client
Our client is an ambitious and dynamic independent housing association with firm roots in the Gloucester community. An organisation enabling social housing for those most in need which aims to deliver affordable living whilst delivering quality and value for money services to their customers. They are regulated by the Regulator for Social Housing (RSH).
About the Role
They are looking for a confident self-starter to join their busy Governance Team, who thrives working within a fast-paced environment, enjoys supporting stakeholders and organising a variety of different work.
Due to retirement, they are looking for a new team member who can provide support across a range of work, supporting their Board, Leadership Team and employees to maintain their Governance G1 rating.
You will specifically support the administration of our Audit and Risk Committee liaising with members, preparing agendas and information and taking minutes for this and their subsidiary Board, Nerva Homes Ltd. You will coordinate work such as their annual internal audits, business insurance renewal and claims and company complaints alongside supporting the Governance team with a wide range of business assurance work including Company Secretary administration.
No two days will be the same in this busy and rewarding job and you will be welcomed and fully supported to succeed by a professional and forward-thinking Governance team.
Responsibilities will include;
- Board and Committee meeting preparation, minute taking and liaison
- Coordinating the delivery of their Internal Audit programme, including tracking progress, the delivery of outcomes and the development of terms of references
- Coordinating the annual business insurance renewal and claims
- Supporting the administration activities of the Company Secretary role
- Working with the Customer Assurance Officer to coordinate and support ISO, data protection, company complaints, policy development and research and compliance reporting
The role requires occasional evening work approx. once or twice per month.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively with a range of stakeholders co-ordinating, planning and organising work and diaries to keep everyone on track and updated. You will have clear communication and strong collaboration skills supportively negotiating on deadlines to get results. Working with integrity you will be trusted with sensitive and/or confidential information.
If you feel you meet the attributes, we really hope that you will send through an application!
What is in it for you?
You will join a strong performing Governance Team that will offer an exciting mix of new and longer serving members with an opportunity to deliver some really interesting work. They are a supportive and friendly team who work hard, but flexibly.
They like to reward their employees for their commitment and they all benefit from some great perks including:
- Competitive salary of £30,789 per annum
- Flexible working including working from home
- A brand new modern and dynamic city centre workspace for collaboration
- Social Housing Pension Scheme with a contribution of 10% added by our client
- 29 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Cashback healthcare plan
- Volunteering Days
- A focus on your continuous professional development
Our client is proud of their commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and actively encourages applications from all sections of the community. They are a flexible, agile employer with a culture based upon trust, empowerment and delivering positive outcomes.