Harris Hill is recruiting for a Director of Finance & Resources position on a Fixed Term Contract basis. 6 - 12 Months based in Wakefield, near Leeds (With a possibility of the position going permanent)
- Full Time: Full Time, 5 days a week
- Flexible working: Ideally 3 days a week on site.
- Employment: Fixed Term Contract - 6 - 12 Months
- Salary: £65,000pa
- Location: Wakefield, near Leeds
- This is an urgent position, ideally looking for someone to start in December
- CCAB / CIMA / CIPFA or equivalent.
- Experience of managing charity accounts
- Minimum 4 years' experience in business or charity environment
Summary of the position
- To manage the finance, administrative, IT and Facilities functions of the charity and the Trading Ltd
- To be responsible for the efficiency, accuracy and integrity of the charity's financial information and utilisation of financial resources.
- To work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to ensure that there is visible leadership in all operational matters relating to finance, administration, IT and Facilities and to contribute to the preparation and evaluation of strategic business plans and proposals.
- To provide expert advice to the CEO, Senior Management Team (SMT) and the Board of Trustees on interpreting the management accounts, risks, and forecasts and to provide remedial action as required.
- To be the Company Secretary for charity and its Trading.
- To contribute to the preparation and financial evaluation of business plans and proposals in conjunction with the CEO and members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- To prepare accurate annual statutory financial statements which comply with relevant charities, accounting, and companies' legislation, manage the external audit of the financial statements, and agree any changes proposed before the financial statements are approved by the Council of Management.