Community Hub Leader
Oasis is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our Community Hub enables people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts. Our community hubs are an integral part of making this change.
We are currently looking for a Community Hub Leader, to lead our North Bristol Hub in the Lawrence Weston area, which supports our academies and the wider local community.
- Salary of £31,919 - £35,934 per annum
- Non-contributory pension scheme with 7% employer contributions
- Continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- Make a positive, lasting difference within your community
- Support to grow and develop your knowledge
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 + 8 (Bank Holiday) days per year, rising to 30 + 8 after two years of service and more!
If you have experience with leading community projects and have worked with young people and communities, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a lasting and positive difference to the education of local children.
Joining our dedicated team and leading organisation, you will be pivotal to the success of our community projects that change the lives of educators, students and volunteers.
So, if you want to take on a diverse role where you will communicate our vision that everyone is included, treated equally and their differences are respected, we want to hear from you.
As our Community Hub Leader, you will take the lead on the development of the North Bristol Community Hub. You will build a positive community movement with a range of initiatives to support children, adults and families.
Through effectively planning and managing resources, you will co-ordinate the community Hub plan. You will take the Hub to the next stage of development and grow the local community movement through the lens of our ethos.
In this engaging role, you will:
- Build supportive working partnerships across the community and various groups
- Oversee the Hub income generation strategy
- Recruit staff and volunteers to support the success of our community work
- Develop key community services to benefit our academy and the wider community
To join us as our Community Hub Leader, you will need:
- Experience of growing community projects from the initial start-up phase through to maturity
- Experience of working with young people and communities
- Experience using resources and budget management innovatively to maximise funding
- Knowledge and an understanding of community work
- Self-reliance and a results-focused mindset
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) and/or relevant professional qualification
Other organisations may call this role a Community Development Leader, Community Services Leader, Chaplain, Community Services Team Leader, or Community Development Project Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 6th December 2021 12:00, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing 13th December 2021.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups. Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding challenge as a Community Hub Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.