Community Partnerships Fund Advisor
Up to £35,000 plus benefits (Work level 6A)
Manchester city centre / remote with some travel to Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy atcolleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
6-month maternity cover
At Co-op, we’re a business that puts people first, and giving something back to the communities that we serve is a huge part of what makes us different. We need a motivated community partnerships fund advisor to join us to support the management of Co-op’s charity fundraising activity and lead on engaging colleagues with our charity partnership with Mind, SAMH and Inspire.
This is an exciting time for us as we come to an end of our current £8million national charity partnership and plan for our 2023 partnership. During this period, we’ll look to you to take responsibility for engaging colleagues, customers and suppliers in national fundraising drives; work in close partnership with charity partners; and provide day to day management and running of national partnerships and campaigns.
It’s a big job, but if you have the fundraising experience and great communication skills we’re looking for, then we can offer you the chance to define your profile, while making a positive difference to communities across the country.
What you’ll do
• liaise with field colleagues to understand how we can get the most engagement with our fundraising activities
• manage the delivery of national partnership programmes
• manage identified fund-raising opportunities including national fundraising events, promotions, business-led initiatives and seasonal activity
• support the delivery of awareness raising activity and campaigns associated with agreed themed programmes
• lead in the development of collateral for Co-op fundraising weeks
• work with partners to understand how we can drive engagement with fundraising, and make the most of our charity partnerships
• support the Community Partnership Fund Manager in the development of agreements, approvals, fund allocation and match funding for the community partnership fund
This role would suit people who have
• experience of campaign planning and supporting fundraising or community activity
• experience of liaising with external partners
• the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of people
• previous experience of carrying out communications and engagement activity
• excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• experience of producing engaging copy
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.