Supporter Development Officer
We are looking for a Supporter Development Officer to provide operational support to the Supporter Development Manager across a variety of fundraising products and channels.
Position: Supporter Development Officer – Lottery
Location: Sidmouth, Devon
Hours: 35 hours per week
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date: 1 December 2021
You will be responsible for delivering fundraising programmes to supporters with the aim of delivering an improved income and increased lifetime value through compelling donor centric journeys.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver key fundraising campaigns
- Review effectiveness of products and campaigns using insight and data
- Work closely with the Individual Giving Acquisition team to ensure seamless approach to donor care
- Manage income and expenditure effectively and provide regular updates and reports
- Liaise regularly with the Supporter Development Manager and assist in the generation of annual planning, income growth and target delivery
- Develop, implement and review sound segmentation and testing strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of supporters to plan campaigns effectively
- Regularly review the position of your campaigns in supporter journeys and innovate with programmes of testing by working closely with your Supporter Development colleagues
- Liaise closely with philanthropy and legacy teams to develop effective funnels into mid-level giving and legacy programs
- Work closely with the Insight and Performance Manager to generate thank you and impact communications
As Supporter Development Officer, you will have a friendly and approachable personality, whilst being self-motivated with a flexible attitude.
You will have:
- Experience of working with supporter or customer data in the context of planning and evaluating direct marketing activities
- Experience of working in a supporter/customer development environment
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage a variety of simultaneous projects to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Direct Marketing
- CRM systems including Raiser’s Edge
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please complete the on-line application form, which should include your uploaded curriculum vitae
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The sanctuary is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide, working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
The charity is a Disability Confident Employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Fundraising, Fundraiser, Individual Giving, Major Donor Fundraiser, Individual Giving Fundraiser, Supporter Engagement, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Support, Fundraising Assistant, Marketing, Fundraising Marketing, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising and Marketing Officer, Campaigns Officer, Supporter Development Manager , Supporter Care Co-ordinator, Supporter Relations Coordinator , Alumni & Supporter Experience Officer, Supporter Engagement Assistant, Supporter Care Supervisor, Marketing Officer, Marketing and Communications Officer, Marketing Executive, Fundraising and Marketing Officer, Marketing and Social Media Officer, Marketing and Campaigns Officer.