The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our team on a full-time basis and help create an impactful events programme.
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
This is a brilliant opportunity to help raise the profile and income of our charity as we strive to tackle the root causes of poverty through ground-breaking research and pioneering nation-changing reforms.
Not only will you help raise awareness of our important work but your role will be key to helping us achieve our mission of putting social justice at the heart of British politics.
So, if you are ready for a new and rewarding career where you can really make a difference, and have significant experience in events management, we want to hear from you.
As our Events Manager, you will shape, organise and deliver an engaging and impactful events programme which raises important funds for our charity and grows our audience.
In this exciting and varied role, you’ll oversee the delivery of our biggest events including our annual, high-profile CSJ Awards night and the Beyond Westminster Challenge. These events are key to raising money for our cause and bringing people together to gain a better understanding of our important work.
A key part of your role will see you grow our corporate donor base and you’ll identify and solicit corporate sponsors to fund our events.
You will also work collaboratively with the wider team to come up with innovative concepts for new events and create engagement materials, such as films and podcasts, to grow our audience.
To join us as our Events Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience in events, preferably in the political and/or charitable sectors
- A proven track record of creating, managing and running events both small and large
- Experience in event marketing including social media and print media
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An interest in current affairs, politics and the social justice agenda
- A collaborative team player mentality with initiative and a positive “can do” attitude
- To be highly organised and discrete with a high degree of personal integrity
Other organisations may call this role Events & Engagement Manager, Senior Events Operations Executive, Charity Events Manager, Events Delivery Manager, Events Project Manager, or Events Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and the CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Events Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.