Senior Individual Giving Fundraiser
This role is a developing role as we build on this growing income stream. There are strong foundations already set up with opportunities to really make an impact and bring new ideas and innovation to this stream.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to be part of our team taking Scleroderma & Raynaud’s UK to the next stage in its journey of transformation and growth.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation as we scale up to deliver on our ambition to significantly increase the level of investment in research and services, so that people affected by Scleroderma or Raynaud’s have access to the best treatment, information and support. Fundraising is a central part of the organisational strategy and there is an ambition to protect, grow and diversify our income as well as our team.
We are looking for someone with a desire to create positive change and embrace our values which inform how we deliver our services, the choices we make and how we work with, support and develop our staff and volunteers:
- Collaborative in the way we work
- Driven to see real change
- Trusted because we are open and honest about the way we work
- Compassionate because we always put the person first
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and want to take on new opportunities, learn new skills and be fully supported in your progression then this is the right team for you to join.
Scleroderma & Raynaud’s UK (SRUK) is the only charity dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by Scleroderma and Raynaud’s. We are here to improve awareness and understanding of these conditions, to support those affected, fund ground-breaking research and ultimately, to find a cure. Our community are at the heart if everything we do and our values shape how we work; we are collaborative, trusted, compassionate and driven.
Our Fundraising strategy aims to protect, grow and diversify our income by building a community of loyal, engaged and proactive supporters, advocates and funders. To achieve this; we are supporter focussed and audience driven, we are leading and driving the conversations and empowering our community to be fundraising advocates, supporters and ambassadors.
About the Team
You would be part of the fundraising and communications team of 5 currently growing to 6. We are a supportive team working together to increase our reach by engaging communities of people across the UK to raise awareness and funds. We work collaboratively sharing ideas, successes and problem solving collectively. Together we have a range of experience and skills. We are keen to grow the team as we continue to increase our income and grow our community of supporters.
Main Purpose: To lead on the development and delivery of a programme of growth to increase income from the currently successful donations, membership and in memory income stream. Leading on identifying and developing new campaigns, engaging new audiences to increase and diversify our supporter base. As well as developing engaging supporter journeys and stewardship plans to ensure we have a database of long-term, engaged and active supporters.
Internal: Fundraising team, SRUK staff team, Volunteers
External: Individual Fundraisers, SRUK members, donors and suppliers
Scope of the role
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to implement and shape the existing strategy for Individual giving and in memory fundraising to increase the retention, acquisition and lifetime value of our supporters.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to develop the current established membership programme to ensure current members are engaged and stewarded and planning the future growth of the programme.
- Implement tailored supporter journeys and stewardship plans tailored to in memory givers, donors of different levels and regular givers.
- Developing Acquisition and retention programmes – harnessing the awareness month campaigns and establishing a giving/ appeals calendar
- Continually assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the individual giving programme, being innovative and making recommendations to ensure that we are maximising our income and reach
- Legacy programme – working with a set plan and programme to implement the recommended communications
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and strategy
- To contribute to the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy, by preparing Individual giving fundraising plans which link into the overall strategy, budget and targets, and to report on progress of these plans throughout the year.
- Work across the team to ensure that plans fit with other campaigns, plans and communications.
- To grow individual giving and in memory income by building on and developing the current programme.
- To research, plan and implement both existing and new fundraising appeals to engage a wide range of long-term supporters.
- To manage the current membership programme, managing renewals and stewardship and looking for opportunities for developing this stream and build on the loyal support from this group.
- Work with an agency to deliver a legacy communications programme to secure legacy pledges and ensure all pledgers are stewarded effectively.
- Maximise income from in memory fundraisers by building on the current tailored stewardship plans.
- To regularly assess & evaluate the effectiveness of the individual giving programme, producing donor insights and tracking and conversion rate reports for senior management as required.
- Develop and deliver effective and engaging fundraising propositions and campaigns across all platforms, online, offline and social media.
- Build on and implement segmented and tailored supporter journeys across the individual giving stream, developing long term supporters by delivering high standards of supporter stewardship.
- Capture and record supporter data to inform the supporter journey and stewardship plan in line with GDPR and SRUK policies.
- Pass on leads where appropriate to other fundraisers and act on/advise where appropriate.
- Work with the charity administrator to ensure that all donor acknowledgments are relevant, engaging, tailored and meeting the KPIs for performance and response times.
Policy and Procedure
- Ensure all necessary donation administration is accurately assigned, ensuring that high standards of financial and donor records are kept, the supporter database is maintained and all activities are conducted in line with the current GDPR rules, legislation relating to charitable activities and SRUK policies.
- Keep up to date with fundraising legislation and codes of practice and to provide relevant advice to fundraisers and colleagues.
- To be prepared to support across the team at fundraising events out of hours.
- To undertake any other works as could be expected of a Senior Individual Giving Fundraiser.
The duties in this job description may change from time to time following a review and in consultation between the post holder and line manager
SRUK is a small team so working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills. Our roles are a mixture of being very hands-on in order to get things done and working strategically to ensure that SRUK meets its long-term objectives. The successful candidate will be an experienced and innovative individual giving fundraiser with the ability to inspire and motivate fundraisers and develop new opportunities and initiatives.
- Evidence of continuous professional development or, equivalent work experience
- Previous experience working within individual giving / direct marketing fundraising and proven track record in achieving financial targets and key objectives.
- Experience of growing and sustaining individual giving income, either by working directly on this or supporting this area within a team.
- Experience or knowledge of delivering appeals/ campaigns both established and new.
- Experience of implementing tailored supporter journeys to retain supporters and increase donations
- Experience of using a donor database to access and input information and to run reports.
- Experience or knowledge of in memory and / or legacy fundraising and stewardship is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong relationships with individual supporters.
- Ability to focus on impact and deliver results in a team environment and contribute positively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, working across various platforms both online and offline.
- Knowledge of donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Well organised, able to prioritise work for self and others with an understanding of the importance of detail.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach with an ability to identify and act upon opportunities.
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop new approaches and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (NXT) or similar databases.
- Evidence of up-to-date knowledge of best practice and new initiatives in Individual Giving
- Understanding of the changing fundraising landscape of the UK and what this means for Individual Giving and the charity sector.
The selection process
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a cover letter that explains how you meet the role requirements and person specification.
Deadline to apply is 10th December with interviews planned for w/c 13th December.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and may invite strong candidates to interview before the closing deadline. We will contact you if you are successful and arrange an appropriate interview time.
Send applications FAO Gemma Cornwell, to firstname.lastname@example.org