Group Financial Accountant
Central London or Sheffield with flexible working
With over 115,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant to join our team at our Central London or Sheffield office on a full-time basis.
As the Group Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for the production and approval of all consolidated internal and external reporting and statutory accounts.
In this important role, you will manage, motivate and develop the team and financial accounting function and lead and oversee a variety of financial activities. You will take responsibility for balance sheet accounting, reconciliation and management including investments, regional bank accounts, restricted and endowment funds and intercompany charges and transfers.
You will take ownership of the VAT accounting and reporting processes and the relationship with external tax advisors.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, your role will also include:
- Taking the lead on all aspects of the audit process
- Ensuring the effective posting and reconciliation of group payroll, pensions and other intercompany payments
- Reviewing, developing and improving financial systems and processes
To join us as the Group Financial Accountant, you will need:
- To be ACA, ACCA, CIMA and/or CIPFA qualified
- To be highly logical and numerate, with strong financial and analytical skills
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics Business Central software and be capable of training others in its use
- The ability to interpret and analyse financial data
- The ability to solve complex problems using strong organisational and planning skills
- The ability to monitor consolidated budgets for the group, producing reports and analyses
- The proven ability of leading, motivating and developing a team
- The ability to work towards tight deadlines and to manage priorities
- Salary of circa £50,000 depending on experience and location
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is a brilliant opportunity for a high calibre accountant with an ACA, ACCA, CIMA and/or CIPFA qualification to join a pioneering organisation striving to improve the world through engineering.
As one of the fastest growing professional engineering institutions, your role will be vital to ensuring we remain financially strong and continue providing help and support to our thousands of members around the world.
What’s more, as well as offering a generous rewards package, we will encourage and support your continued professional development so you can further develop and succeed in your role.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Other organisations may call this role Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Group Reporting Accountant, or Financial Reporting and Consolidation Accountant.
Webrecruit and IMechE are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Group Financial Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.