Information Governance Officer
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Location: Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester with agile working
Hours of work: 35
Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November
Our client have a fantastic opportunity to join them at a time of significant transformation. There’s more to them than bricks and mortar – they’re a force for good in the local area; helping to build healthy, strong, successful communities that will make this part of Manchester one of the best places to live, work and play.
The Information Governance Officer will support the Information Governance (IG) team to deliver a proactive, risk-based approach to how data is used and disclosed across the Group. You’ll be a key contact for access to information requests, supporting the Group to manage data subject rights effectively and helping the IG team to prepare for the new Access to Information scheme for housing providers. You’ll also work with Data Ambassadors and ICT colleagues to create a suite of training tools and resources that embed organisational learning and improve data protection practice.
Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- supporting business areas to respond to access to information requests made to the Group, such as Subject Access Requests (SARs) and other requests for personal information made under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018; including the introduction of systems and processes to support the new Access to Information scheme for housing providers
- coordinating requests for support and advice to the IG team, providing subject-specific guidance and advice where needed and escalating complex queries and issues as appropriate
- delivering interactive data protection and IG training through either virtual or group sessions and maintaining accurate records of training delivered
- working closely with the IG Leads to carry out regular reviews of data processing operations to improve the accessibility of personal data
- regularly reviewing and updating the online presence of the IG team, including policies, guidance and Knowledge base content published on the intranet.
The ideal candidate will have experience of coordinating and responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests as well as Subject Access Requests (SARs) and other subject rights requests. Candidates will need a good overall understanding of the data protection framework and associated information security standards. A relevant qualification is desirable but not essential. Your ability to prioritise a varied workload and provide accessible information to internal and external contacts in a timely manner will be crucial to succeeding in this role.
A little bit about your client:
They are one of the largest registered housing providers in Greater Manchester – uniquely positioned within Wythenshawe’s ‘Garden City’. They are responsible for nearly 14,000 properties providing homes to 20,000 people. Their purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to their tenants and leaseholders and to play a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities. Ensuring they can continue to deliver on their purpose requires us to be financially resilient and to operate on the principle of having a business head and a social heart – maximising resources so we can invest for current and future times. Our client are an inclusive employer where differences are recognised as strengths in delivering their purpose. Investment is key to enabling staff teams to feel empowered and trusted to deliver their best work.
The difference you could make to them could be hugely rewarding… but more than that, with every job role comes a competitive salary, great pension scheme, annual leave, agile working, an employee assistance and health care plan including staff benefits, professional membership, and excellent ongoing learning opportunities.
Please note that travel to the office will be necessary as required by management or individual assignments.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.