Information Governance Lead
Salary: £42,000 per annum
Location: Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester with agile working
Hours of work: 35
Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 28th November
A fantastic opportunity to join our client at a time of significant transformation. The Information Governance Lead will provide a proactive, risk-based approach to Information Governance across the Group. You’ll be integral to the implementation of our data governance strategy, working directly with our front-line teams and partners to build privacy by design approaches into our services, ensuring data is appropriately processed throughout the project lifecycle.
There’s more to them than bricks and mortar – they’re a force for good in the local area; helping to build healthy, strong, successful communities that will make this part of Manchester one of the best places to live, work and play. The ideal candidates will have experience of delivering Information Governance solutions either in a business transformation or multi-agency setting, coupled with a good understanding of the data protection framework and associated compliance standards.
Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues to identify and manage risk proactively at all levels in the Group, for example by supporting the development of data protection impact assessments and formal data sharing agreements
- Assisting designated business areas to maintain and develop the Group’s Information Asset Register, including intensive support for data flow mapping processes
- Working closely with the Information Management Officer and IT Training Officer to identify and address areas of noncompliance
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) in implementing a programme of periodic data protection audits, and ensuring that corrective actions from information security incidents are owned and completed by service representatives
- Attending and supporting Data Champions network meetings and events where required
- Providing specialist advice and guidance around Information Governance enquiries and complaints from the assigned business area, escalating them to the Group DPO when appropriate.
A little bit about our client:
They are one of the largest registered housing providers in Greater Manchester – uniquely positioned within Wythenshawe’s ‘Garden City’. They are responsible for nearly 14,000 properties providing homes to 20,000 people. Their purpose is to provide good quality homes and services to their tenants and leaseholders and to play a leading role in creating safer, healthier communities. Ensuring they can continue to deliver on their purpose requires them to be financially resilient and to operate on the principle of having a business head and a social heart – maximising resources so they can invest for current and future times. Our client is an inclusive employer where differences are recognised as strengths in delivering their purpose. Investment is key to enabling staff teams to feel empowered and trusted to deliver their best work.
The difference you could make to our client could be hugely rewarding… but more than that, with every job role comes a competitive salary, great pension scheme, annual leave, agile working, an employee assistance and health care plan including staff benefits, professional membership, and excellent ongoing learning opportunities.
Please note that travel to the office will be necessary as required by management or individual assignments.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.