Salary £37,890 to £43,857
Permanent, full time
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
Are you an experienced Governance professional and looking for a new challenge?
Our client have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Governance Manager to come and join them.
As part of this role, you will ensure they have robust governance processes in place across the group of companies, supporting Board Members to be effective in their roles. You will also oversee their Customer Scrutiny work, which ensures their co-regulatory approach is effective. As well as this, you will contribute to work on risk management, internal audit and regulation.
You will manage a small team of people, being the first point of contact for the Boards, Committees and other strategic meetings. You will be able to deliver a variety of work, to strict deadlines, ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and best practice requirements. You will have great attention to detail and be able to manage a complex workload.
You will also be a great communicator, able to build strong and effective working relationships with a wide range of people. You will be able to consult people as you develop new processes, but ultimately be able to offer sound and evidence-based advice / suggestions / recommendations to continually improve the governance / risk framework.
Ideally, you will hold an ICSA qualification (or be working towards it) or be qualified by the experience you have.
Areas of work will include:
- Ensuring all of the governance arrangements across the group operate effectively
- Ensuring Board Members are effective in their role and creating strong relationships with them
- Overseeing the customer scrutiny function
- Continuing to develop the risk management framework within the group and undertaking associated reporting
- Overseeing delivery of the internal audit contract
- Being a key part of the groups approach to compliance with Regulatory Standards and requirements, including preparing for a successful IDA
- Ensuring the group meets the requirements of the NHF Code of Governance and the associated regulatory requirements related to governance / risk
You will need to be resilient, focussed, knowledgeable in these specialisms and work accurately in a fast-paced environment. In return, our client offers a vibrant place to work (including our modern Head Office), flexible working arrangements and a true commitment to a positive employee experience for all. They value work / life balance, offer the ability to do some work from home, are a flexible employer but do require attendance at some evening meetings.
Our client offer some a competitive salary and some excellent benefits including;
- Access to a generous GMPF pension scheme, including life cover
- Personal Growth - Access to learning and development opportunities enabling you to maximise your strengths and utilise your talents
- Generous annual leave entitlement 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days leave
Our client are a great place to work, they pride themselves on building strong collaborative relationships locally, regionally and nationally. They are passionate about not only providing housing and building new homes in Stockport, but helping to transform the lives of their customers. They aim to provide comfortable and affordable homes and engage customers and communities.
It is important to them that they have a diverse workforce, representative of the communities they work in. Equality, diversity and inclusion is important to them and they like to acknowledge that everyone is different. They’re always looking to improve diversity within their teams and across the group, so they would welcome any applications from any underrepresented groups.