Activity Support Worker
We have an exciting opportunity for an Activity Support Worker to support children/younger adults in line with their needs and abilities at activities.
Position: Activity Support Worker
Hours: Contracts from 20 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends) or holiday only contracts 126 hours a year working 12 x 6 hour days in the summer, 3 x 6 hour days at Christmas and 6 x 6 hour days at Easter as a minimum
Salary: £9.33 - £9.79 hour per hour
Benefits: 22 days per annum plus 8 Bank Holidays – all pro rata to hours worked, Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, birthday club, free parking at our sites
Closing Date: 30th November 2021
Interview Date: TBC – Date during December
As Activity Support Worker you will stimulate the child/younger adult with play activities and social activities in the community.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Supporting children/young adults with disabilities in group settings or on a one to one basis
- To liaise as appropriate with the child/younger adult and their parents/carers
- To undertake basic care functions for children/younger adult where appropriate
- To work with club staff when considering appropriate integrated and specialist activities
- To report any developments or concerns about particular children
- To provide information to the staff team concerning resources, provision and perceived needs of disabled children/younger adult in South Derbyshire
As Activity Support Worker, you will have the drive, integrity and enthusiasm to support the volunteering team.
You will have:
- Have experience of working with children or young adults
- Have an understanding of the needs of disabled children/younger adults and their families
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Have good communication skills
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of safety, personal hygiene and food hygiene.
- Have a genuine interest in children/younger adults, enjoy spending time with them and helping them to develop to their full potential. Be able to work in a non-judgemental way and have an understanding of equal opportunities
- Ability to complete written and computerised records – guidance will be given
- Have a good sense of fun.
- Must be flexible as evening and weekend working will be required for this post
- Be prepared to undertake appropriate training
You will hold a current driving licence and have your own transport and be eligible to hold a current enhanced DBS check.
About the Organisation
The charity enables disabled children and young adults to realise their full potential by empowering parents and carers, supporting them in their care of their disabled child or young adult and by providing exciting, stimulating activities for children and young adults which encourages the development of skills, whilst having fun. The organisation gives disabled children and young adults opportunities that non-disabled children take for granted and supports any family with a disabled child or young adult aged 5 to 30. The charity is able to support a child or young adult no matter what their disability as our services are person centred to meet individual needs.
You may also have experience in areas such as Carers Centre Family Support Worker, Family Support, Family Support- Children’s Social Workers, Schools Family Support Worker, Youth and Family Support Worker, Early Help and Initial Assessment Family Support Worker, Children and Family Support Worker, Support Worker Disability, Support Worker Family, Parent and Child Support Worker, Family Advice Worker, Family Advice and Support Officer, Activities Support Worker, Activities Co-ordinator, Activities Coordinator - Care Home, Activities Coordinator – Children, Activities Coordinator – Family, Well Being and Activities Coordinator.