The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences (CSFS), the Professional Body for the Forensic Sciences that supports over 3000 members worldwide, is excited to announce that we are looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to manage the activities of the Society on its journey to grow and develop the professional body.
Responsible to the President and Board of Trustees the CEO will oversee the management of staff & resources, strategic leadership, sales & marketing, product development, support of the membership and the wider forensic science sector. As well as collaborate with the Board of Trustees in the development and implementation of strategic growth.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead on the strategic growth of all external offering for CSFS Members and the wider forensic community
- Oversee management of resources (i.e. finances & financial modelling)
- Collaborate effectively with the Board of Trustees as appropriate to ensure meeting of overarching strategic objectives
- Support Trustees to ensure continuing compliance with the Charity Commission, and CSFS Charter & Byelaws
- Chairing of internal and external meetings
- Leading the strategic direction of CSFS Working Groups and Committees
- Liaise and support Niche areas and small businesses
- Representing the Society at a range of External and National meetings
- Analyse data and produce suitable statistics for use at internal and external meetings as appropriate
- Work closely with the assessment managers and support them in planning and delivery of the assessments, data recording, collation, and presentation
- Lead on the facilitation of all external events including strategic management of the IT capability
- Manage the office and remote based staff, including recruitment, holidays, office cover and workload with a focus on flexibility and agile working
The CSFS Headquarters is in Harrogate and while it is not necessary that the new CEO is based in Harrogate, they will be expected to attend there on a regular basis and be flexible in relation to necessary travel and attendance at conferences and other functions that may take place out of hours.
The position is full time with flexible hours, 30 days annual leave and pension contribution.
Application should be by CV along with cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in the role to Nicola.email@example.com. Closing date for applications Sunday 28th November 2021. Interviews will be held on 13th and 14th December 2021.
The position will have the usual initial 6 months’ probation period. Following successful completion of probation, a seven year, once renewable, contract will be awarded.
- Knowledge of the overarching aims and objectives of the CSFS as a Professional Body and its position in the current marketplace
- Good knowledge of the Charity Commission and the impact of it on daily operation of the Society
- Good working knowledge of financial management as it relates to Charities
- Good knowledge of HR law and the ability to draft and manage contracts effectively
- An up to date knowledge of the current forensic marketplace and the challenges that it presents would be a distinct advantage
- An excellent knowledge of the current Forensic Science Regulator framework and the needs of organisational quality management
- Contract management
- Line management of small groups
- Project or change management
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly and lead from the front in implementation as and when required
- Experience of MS Office, MS Teams & Share point
- Excellent data handling and the ability to manage, collate and present large amounts of data effectively to meet the varying needs of a range of external costumers
- General office administration & leadership experience
- Experience with leading a blended team of onsite and offsite staff would be advantageous
- Experience of sales, marketing and negotiation would be an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills across a range of off the shelf and bespoke applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience
- Excellent presentation skills - the role holder will be regularly called upon to present to a wide range of people
- The ability to manage your own time effectively
- High level & complex Project Management
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Lead from the front but be an integral member of the delivery team when required
- The ability to work flexibly and take on a range of task as required to support all staff in their daily roles