An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a children's charity whose work is vital in supporting families who have sick children in providing a comfortable, local place to stay during difficult circumstances.
They are looking to appoint a Communications Manager who will create and deliver strong external communication plans to ensure the promotion of both the charity's fundraising activities and stories of the families and children they support are reaching and growing their target audiences. You will lead and develop a small team and support the wider marketing, communication and digital aspects of the charity.
In a time where families need support, the charity provide an invaluable service and the role would be ideal for someone looking to make a big difference to families when they need it the most.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will lead and develop communications plans both internally and externallyAs Communications Manager you will be responsible for building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external agencies, journalists and the families associated with the charity
- You will manage a small team to support the Head of Communications and Marketing to deliver various traditional media and social media projects and ensure all content is of high quality and true to the charity's key principles which is to promote the stories of the families they support.
- Manage, organise and draft their bi-annual newsletter and using performance data to maximise the opportunities to build the profile of the charity
- Working with the Head of Communications and Marketing contributing to strategic plans.
- Manage and support the development of the Communications Officer
- Utilise all resources to maximise PR opportunities
- Manage and develop the Communications Officer
Your experience will include:
- You will have extensive PR experience with a proven track record of raising the profile of your organisation across all media channels
- As the Communications Manager you will have a good understanding of the broader communications, marketing and digital aspects
- You will have excellent written English skills and be able to consistently produce high quality content whilst maintaining a consistent tone with the charity's brand and message
- Ideally you will have some experience in managing a small team and we would be happy to hear from junior candidates who have had exposure to managing volunteers or deputised in their current role
- You will have solid planning skills and be able to deliver campaign projects from start to finish across all channels
This is a great opportunity to support families and to promote their stories to help the charity grow and improve the services they provide those families when they need it the most.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and then we will be shortlisting applicants on the 19th of November.
If successfully shortlisted, there will be a 2 stage interview process which we will provide guidance on.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.