Harris Hill is delighted to be working with a fantastic social impact communications agency. They work with their partners on some of the biggest issues facing humanity today, from Climate Change to Gender Equality, Digital Health, to Inequality. The organisation's aim is to nurture a fairer world, faster, through creative storytelling, powerful brands, and strategic communications.
I am eager to speak to a communications expert, with a background in campaigning to fulfil the full time position of Strategy Lead.
The successful candidate will need to have a strategic mindset with a creative flair, and be willing to consult, challenge, and inspire a wide range of partners both in the UK and around the world. They will lead on communications strategies - from ideation to implementation - for our partners to achieve the outcomes they are looking for, and they will need to demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas: digital campaigning, political campaigning, copywriting, media and PR, external affairs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research: Carrying out research (e.g conducting stakeholder interviews, desk based research, competitors/peers analysis) to unearth powerful and actionable insights to inform strategies and activations.
- Strategic thinking: You will always keep your eye on the big picture - achieving the outcomes our partners are looking for. This means putting outcomes before outputs, always thinking about the road to getting there within both available means and the changing environment, and recognising that the tools and tactics are adaptable and evolving.
- Strategic ideation. You will brainstorm ideas and build them out into strategies across a wide range of communications disciplines. This will involve crafting brand strategies for organisations, building campaigns for advocacy and behavioural change goals, developing communications strategies for organisations, and developing digital and media strategies to effectively reach priority audiences on the channels they use.
- Leadership and Consultancy: You will lead the strategy for the partnerships you are working on. This involves providing leadership and strategic counsel to our partners, helping to guide them through the process and not being afraid to challenge their points of view in a respectful way.
- Copywriting: Writing clear and concise copy for a range of different mediums - ads, publications, websites, press releases - that inform, engage, and resonate with target audiences. You will understand the message that our partners are trying to seek to express and translate this into powerful and convincing written content.
- Active Reading and Horizon Scanning: Upskilling and improving knowledge on key issues related to the projects and partnerships you are leading on.
- Facilitating workshops: Leading on physical and virtual workshops to unearth insight, scope out opportunities, and co-develop strategies. This will include planning, running, and writing up key notes and outcomes.
- Collaboration: Working with our Planners to meet deadlines and advise on communications, working with other Strategists to brainstorm and co-create strategy, and working with our creative team to brief and collaborate on bringing strategies to fruition.
Salary range: Base salary of £28,000-£38,000 per annum + yearly bonus
This is a full-time, permanent position. Offering flexible working hours.
Location: London, minimum 2 days in London, 3 days flexibly.
Deadline for applying for this role is Monday 15 November at 10am GMT
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. There is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this. We actively encourage applications from
underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are
working to address.
For more information, please get in touch, by emailing Hannah- Hannah.email@example.com ahead of the closing date.
I look forward to hearing from you.