Are you a confident direct marketer, have an interest in conservation and want to help give nature a home?
Direct Marketing Officer (Full-Time) Flexible in UK
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £25,280.00 - £28,045.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Contract: 12 Months
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity our client spends over £100m/year in pursuit of their vision – a world richer in nature. You will be joining a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers dedicated to realising that vision, alongside their many partner organisations. Playing their part in tackling the nature and climate emergency facing their planet requires them to be even more effective, and their new strategy clarifies the vital part they must play in rising to the challenge.
They operate across the four countries of the UK and where they can make a difference overseas. They manage over 200 nature reserves, influence policy and legislation and deliver many research, conservation, and people engagement projects.
They need your expertise and energy to help plan and deliver multi-channel fundraising campaigns. This is your chance to make your mark and play a critical role in creating exciting, innovative, and inspiring fundraising.
It’s an exciting time to join and they need your help to ensure they make the best start possible in delivering their new strategy by leveraging your expertise in multi-channel fundraising.
Key activities will include:
- Plan and deliver multi-channel fundraising and supporter communications that target defined audiences in order to showcase the work of the charity and deliver maximum return on investment.
- Ensure that fundraising communications meet all legally required standards as a minimum to mitigate brand and reputational risks.
- Implement testing within product areas and communication channels to provide evidence that will improve the channel performance and aid income growth.
- Brief, select and check data to ensure their supporters receive relevant messages via relevant channels to help achieve financial targets.
- Forecast and manage expenditure budgets in excess of £100,000 to achieve targets and deliver income to enable their conservation work.
- Brief and monitor external suppliers to ensure that all activity delivered on the charity’s behalf is of the highest standard, legally compliant and meets their brand guidelines.
- Work within the charitys project management framework and other formalised briefing processes to deliver campaigns on time and within budget.
- Analyse and report campaign and product performance so that key stakeholders are up-to-date with progress against financial targets.
- Identify and share latest direct marketing techniques and best practice to help unlock more support and financial growth for their conservation work.
- Build strong relationships with internal support teams to influence and enable the delivery of direct marketing campaigns in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
To succeed, you’ll have direct marketing experience that includes managing marketing campaigns, analysis and intelligent use of data and developing new propositions and test strategies. You’ll also be adept at analysing and reporting on the performance of multi-channel campaigns while maintaining a high level of drive and commitment.
A proactive and collaborative approach is important too, as is the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and positively influence others at all levels. Someone who listens to, and considers, different opinions, feelings, and motivations, you’re also great at focussing on, and understanding, the needs of internal and external customers, clients, and other stakeholders.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Proven experience of planning and delivering end to end multi-channel direct marketing campaigns
- Comfortable with analysis and metrics to constantly improve campaign performance
- Demonstrable testing, profiling, segmentation, campaign objective setting experience and knowledge
- A logical and analytical approach, encompassing a high level of attention to detail
- Proven experience of budget management
- Demonstrable direct marketing sector developments, legal requirements, and best practice knowledge
- Strong creative understanding, and able to assess the measures that will maximise response
- Proven organisational, time management, planning and productivity skills
- Strong communication skills to bring support teams together to deliver campaigns
- Able to work under pressure, making or escalating decisions where necessary and adapting an approach to meet changing circumstances as required
- Degree educated or equivalent experience in a direct marketing role
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Has worked in environment/conservation
- Has worked in not-for-profit/charity
- Has an additional marketing related qualification (Institute of Direct Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing etc.)
The successful candidate can be either home or office-based, depending on personal requirements and location. There will be a requirement for occasional travel, within the UK and to their headquarters in Sandy, Bedfordshire.
Closing date: 23:59, 30 November 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note that they are actively recruiting for this position and reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received.
Please note that you will be required to upload a CV and complete an online application form where you will be able to tell the charity why you are best suited for this role.
They are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
No agencies please.