The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for a Corporate Partnership Fundraiser, an experienced fundraiser who will join us on a full-time (35-hour week) 23 months' basis. Based at either Cambridge or London office, you will be responsible for securing, developing and managing corporate charity partnerships, both in the UK and internationally.
As a Corporate Partnership Fundraiser you will play a central role in implementing our strategy over the next 5 years to generate income for our charitable activities. Therefore, as the Corporate Partnership Fundraiser you will influence relationships with senior representatives of corporations and partner organisations, to communicate the purpose and importance of the work we do, and the pivotal role corporate-charity partnerships play.
You will be required to travel both nationally and internationally to secure revenues and create strategic partnerships
We are an international charity and professional body that connects chemical scientists with each other and society as a whole. We develop and celebrate professional capabilities. We publish new research, bring people together to spark new ideas and partnerships, and support teachers to inspire future generations. We speak up to influence the people making decisions that affect us all.
We are looking for a talented individual with:
- A proven track record of major donor fundraising, with either a desire to work with corporates, or previous experience in forming corporate charity partnerships.
- Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Educated to degree level, with a demonstrable interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
- Ability to swiftly establish credibility both with senior business executives, Trustees and wider RSC stakeholders.
- Excellent English language, written and communication skills to draft funding proposals with potential partners and to ensure effective communication with staff and customers worldwide.
The RSC is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences and the UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. We have an exceptionally diverse customer base – from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and industry to politicians and the public. Understanding our key customers is vital to deliver products and services that will effectively support and meet the needs our global chemistry community now and in the future.
The Royal Society of Chemistry offers excellent benefits. The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge or London office, however we are piloting hybrid working, and you may be able to work from a location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role, and that permanent working arrangements away from the office may not be agreed in the future.
If interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.