Fixed term 6 months
Salary: £27,429 per annum, pro rata (£15.07 per hour)
Hours of Work: Part-time (21 hours per week/ 3 days)
Guild Care has been making a difference to the lives of the people of Worthing and its surrounding areas since it was first established in 1933 by a small team of volunteers. Today the charity runs three care homes and over 30 community services helping over 3,000 people of all ages each year.
We are looking for a Community Fundraising Officer who can help us develop and deliver a sustainable and proactive engagement plan for the local community.
With a view to increasing net income, you will be part of the Community Fundraising team, whose purpose is to maximise funds from the community, including schools, individuals, corporate supporters, and community groups.
You will be an integral part of the Events and Community Engagement team, helping people with their fundraising as well as seeking out new opportunities to build awareness in the community and reach fundraising targets. In addition to recruiting and coordinating volunteers, you will be responsible for raising Guild Care's profile, promoting its programs, and providing ongoing support.
- A minimum of two years Community fundraising experience or highly transferable skills
- Budget accountability
- Experience of engaging the community to support the charities mission.
- Ability to develop and implement cross-channel marketing plans and evaluate success when necessary
- Ability to proactively engage with the community and provide ideas and support for their fundraising activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to give verbal/written instruction
- Well-developed public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver on deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Confident IT skills including Microsoft Office & databases
- Own transport required
- The post holder must be able to provide a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check
- Institute of Fundraising certificate
- Degree in relevant field
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge database
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Recruitment Team on 01903 863154.