Middlesex University is a global university with campuses in North London, Dubai and Mauritius. It works with students to ensure they can put knowledge and skills into action in the workplace, delivering courses across the arts and creative industries, business and law, health social care and education and science and technology. As it launches its new strategy, it aims to further increase its reach and tell a compelling and distinctive story about what it offers its future and current students and stakeholders.
We have two permanent Marketing Officer roles available at Middlesex University. The first role will be looking after Science and Technology and the second will be covering Business and Law.
The Marketing Officers will contribute to the development and delivery of an effective annual marketing plan to support the university in its achievement of student recruitment targets in terms of quality and required quantity.
Working as a team of Marketing Officers, each officer will lead on or support assigned key campaigns and projects across the undergraduate and postgraduate prospective student journeys, targeted both around wider university and subject specific promotion.
Market and customer knowledge
- Acquire a detailed knowledge of the student recruitment market, and the required target audience, understanding their motivation to study, their influencers and the emotional journey they undertake prior to academic study.
- Ensure all marketing activity and campaigns are informed by this knowledge and insight, and target the most appropriate prospective students with engaging and compelling messaging aligned to Middlesex University's position and their motivations.
Marketing planning and delivery
- Deliver effective marketing communications online and in print to attract and convert prospective students, conveying compelling aspects of Middlesex University's offer in engaging and innovative formats, in line with agreed plans and priorities.
- Work with the digital and content marketing teams to ensure the Middlesex University website and social media channels contain relevant and engaging information which drive engagement with prospects, developing and maintaining specific content.
- Provide effective marketing tools, messaging, collateral and assets to support all touchpoints on the prospective student journey from campaign to enrolment, working across teams within the Student Marketing & UK Recruitment area and the wider university community.
- Support the Senior Marketing & Campaigns Manager in the development of advertising campaigns that attract the target audience and drive applications in target areas.
- Contribute to the development of briefs for advertising campaigns, outlining appropriate messaging, engaging lead attraction collateral and insight into the target audience.
- Work with the Brand, Content & Design team on the development of campaign creative and messaging, ensuring it will be attractive and compelling to the target audience, and will set Middlesex University aside from competitors.
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to track the effectiveness of campaigns, reporting on this and making recommendations to maximise opportunities where appropriate.
- Carry out post campaign and relevant touchpoint analysis, ensuring insight and feedback is considered in future campaigns and activities.
Work with the Senior Marketing & Campaigns Manager and the Head of Brand, Content and Design to ensure brand positioning, value proposition and core offer is compelling and consistent across all marketing communication.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience of working in a marketing role in a busy environment within a Higher Education Environment.
- Truly outstanding copywriting skills, with the ability to deliver top quality written communications to a wide variety of audiences and across multiple channels.
- Good understanding of requirements for delivery of effective marketing communications online and in print.
- Experience of working in a busy environment constantly having to re-prioritise work and complete it to demanding deadlines.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a wide variety of key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Evidenced experience of using market insight to drive marketing communications.
These Marketing Officer roles are permanent and the salary is £32,893 - £37,722 plus great benefits.
The offices are based in Hendon, North London and there will be a hybrid working from the office once or twice a week and the rest of the time from home. Should you wish to work more from the office that is also fine.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.