Up to £29,000 pa + benefits (including 25 days annual leave and pension, flexible working options available)
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Philanthropy Fundraiser who will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with high-net-worth individuals and trusts to deliver income targets in line with our strategy and operational plans.
Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager, you will drive Rainbow Trust’s Major Funder programme, building and developing the donor pipeline through effective networking, prospecting, cultivation and stewardship to increase income and grow the supporter base. You will also write compelling communications to existing and prospective major donors and funders, including applications and funder reports, and maintain accurate donor plans and records.
Having previous experience of the research mechanisms for identifying prospective funders and high net worth individuals, you will provide detailed high-quality research and engagement plans for new prospects and will work on and lead project teams to generate and develop ideas into compelling funding applications and proposals.
What we’re looking for:
- A motivating, empathetic and persuasive communicator – you have clear and creative writing skills, are skilled at writing funding proposals and communicate confidently in person and over the phone. An ability to empathise with donors and communicate effectively about our work with children and families, and our strategy, is key.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and socially-focused – you quickly connect with others and build effective working relationships.
- People-oriented and outgoing – you are naturally warm with a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care, and competent in charity law as it applies to fundraising – you adhere to established guidelines, policies and procedures, and provide outstanding stewardship.
- You thrive working at a faster-than-average pace on multiple priorities simultaneously – results-oriented and a fast learner, you respond quickly to pressure and a changing environment.
- Confident use of MSOffice and experience of using a CRM database – you have strong attention to detail, are comfortable working with data, and produce high quality accurate work.
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have experience of working for a fundraising charity – working with high-net-worth individuals and/or trusts and foundations, and managing volunteers.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to email@example.com
Interviews will take place either at our Head Office in Leatherhead or on Zoom, with the dates to be confirmed.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.