Islamic Relief is an independent humanitarian and development organisation which has been saving and transforming lives since 1984. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
During this exciting period of growth, we are currently recruiting for the position of ‘Digital Marketing & Website Manager' to join Islamic Relief UK’s award-winning Marketing department.
- To devise and implement IRUK’s digital marketing strategy, as an integral part of IRUK’s fundraising, branding and campaigning projects – this includes and is not limited to digital advertising across all channels, SEO and website content.
- Drive improvement across our web real estate in order to maximise inbound traffic, improve user journeys and optimise conversion.
- To oversee the ongoing development of the IRUK website and all other web development projects, ensuring they are delivered successfully, on time and to budget.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Graduate in a Business or Marketing discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMS, particularly Wordpress
- An understanding of UX and UI in the context of website design
- Strong understanding of the major technology-driven changes and trends affecting the online media and advertising industries
- Sound knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem (CPC, CPA, CPM, ROI, LTV)
- Strong understanding and experience of performance advertising (Search, Display and Video)
- Have demonstrable understanding of Email Marketing, SEO, CMS & CRM
- Creative and innovative, with a real passion for digital marketing
- Able to absorb and critically evaluate a large amount of information and data in order to make decisions
- Strong independent judgement in managing external organisations and internal contacts
- Google AdWords Certification
- Web development qualification
- CIM, IDM or AgilePM/Prince2 qualification
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Understanding of Islam and the significance of charitable giving
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place around mid-December 2021.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer