Events Fundraising Officer (Part-Time)
Flexible location (home-based with access to Wiltshire)
We are the Youth Adventure Trust, a pioneering charity that inspires young people to realise their potential using a combination of one-to-one support and outdoor adventure.
For the last 25 years, we have helped over 3,800 vulnerable young people aged 11 – 15 by providing more than 27,000 activity days, including outdoor activities, music, arts, woodland and animation workshops.
We are currently looking for a part-time Events Fundraising Officer to join our team and support our fundraising efforts, ensuring we can continue providing a fantastic service and exciting activities to the young people we support.
- Salary of £24,000 - £26,000 FTE per annum
- Friendly company culture that offers a flexible approach to work
- Support a small, ground-breaking charity that is making a positive impact on young people’s lives
This is a brilliant opportunity to become part of an organisation that’s empowering young people to try new things, develop their skills and create lasting memories.
Joining a supportive team, you will have the chance to build your skills and experience, whilst working on exciting fundraising events that engage further supporters for our cause. Whilst this role is currently part-time, it has the potential to become full-time, depending on your success.
So, if you love the outdoors, are passionate about giving vulnerable young people life changing opportunities and are keen to play a key role in developing our sustainable income streams, we want to hear from you!
As an Events Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for supporting our event participants and assisting with the organisation of our fundraising events. You will play an instrumental role in both bringing the events to life and ensuring they are a successful income stream so we can continue providing support to young people well into the future.
Working alongside the Corporate Partnerships Manager, you will help plan, organise and deliver exciting, fun and safe events for our corporate partners and event participants.
From initial planning stages to helping with logistics and preparing resources, you will take ownership of the events through a hands-on approach, always seeking opportunities to strengthen the relationship between the event participants and the charity.
In this role, you will:
- Market our in-house challenge events and recruit participants
- Design and produce event materials, social media content and update the website
- Recruit and support our fundraisers through their training and fundraising
- Take responsibility for event administration
- Develop and implement a communications programme
To be considered as our Events Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- Experience in a fundraising environment, ideally in events or corporate fundraising
- Strong administrative skills and an excellent eye for detail
- A track record in developing good relationships with supporters and/or stakeholders
- Experience in using a CRM database and strong IT skills including Microsoft office products and design programmes such as Canva
- Knowledge of marketing and communications with experience of using social media to promote events
- A willingness to work variable hours and flexibility to travel occasionally with overnight stays
- A love of the outdoors and to be happy outside, whatever the weather
- A good understanding of the positive impact outdoor adventure can have on vulnerable young people and a desire to help the Youth Adventure Trust change more lives
WordPress experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Events Officer, Fundraising Officer, Campaign Officer, Corporate Fundraising Officer, Corporate Sponsorship Officer, Charity Event Co-ordinator, or Events Executive.
The closing date for applications is the 14th November 2021 at 5pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Monday 15th November.
The Youth Adventure Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
A satisfactory DBS Disclosure will be required for this post.
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Events Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.