Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Programme Manager (2 year Fixed Term Contract)
Home based (with occasional national travel)
Together we can make a real difference
Belonging to the Royal Voluntary Service community means inspiring volunteers to support the nation’s health and wellbeing. It means tackling the most pressing social issues in a workplace full of opportunities.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our people are a welcoming team of individuals from every background who support one another to be their best. They are also some of the country’s most compassionate and dedicated people who step forward to help make society better connected and more inclusive – where everyone can thrive.
We’re currently looking for a Programme Manager to join us on a full-time, 2 year fixed-term contract and help develop, drive and embed our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) strategy.
As the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our ED&I strategy, programmes of activity and associated action plans.
Working closely with the Senior Management Team, Leadership Team and CEO, you will advise on ED&I challenges and opportunities, driving positive cultural change within our organisation.
You will develop and co-ordinate an ED&I training programme for all colleagues and co-ordinate internal activities to understand varied viewpoints and maximise buy-in of the strategy.
Working with colleagues across the organisation, you will ensure that ED&I is at the heart of
every staff and volunteer agenda.
To join us as the Programme Manager, you will need:
- To be passionate about ED&I and the role it plays in the development of a successful organisation
- Experience in designing and implementing organisational-wide strategies and programmes
- To be a subject matter expert with a high degree of cultural sensitivity and an understanding of ED&I best practice
- Experience of delivering measurable change into a complex organisation
- The ability to constructively challenge and influence a range of stakeholders
- A high degree of emotional and cultural intelligence
- Well-developed project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people and build strong relationships
- The ability to motivate and inspire
Why you should join our team
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from the following:
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website, 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions built-in
- Access to award-winning e-learning and development
- A great pension scheme
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- Six weeks company sick pay
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a criminal record check.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
How to apply
If you think you’d succeed as our Programme Manager, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The closing date for applications is 8th November 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, on a fixed-term contract until 29th December 2023.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Programme Manager, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Project Manager, ED&I Programme Manager, ED&I Project Manager, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, Inclusion Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Programme Manager, or Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Lead.