Rent and Service Charge Manager (Housing)
Up to £46,650 per annum - depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 14th November 2021
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Rent and Service Charge Accountant to join their Finance team to set and monitor rent and ensure that the group is compliant with the regulatory rent standard, service charge legislation and tenancy and leasehold agreements.
This is a key position in which you will ensure accurate statements of accounts for all service charge payers and you will take the lead on rent and service charge setting, liaising with Leasehold, Housing and Property colleagues to ensure all rents and service charges are reviewed and set correctly.
You will also be required to prepare the rent and service charge data for communications and rent accounting system upload, carry out monthly variance monitoring of all property expenditure against income charged and prepare account reconciliations for review. Further to this you’ll have Line management responsibility for 4 members of staff including a team providing a range of cash functions (including reconciliation of receipt of rent) and administering direct debit arrangements for rent and service charge.
What our client are looking for:
- Experience working in a similar financial environment
- Experience of calculating actual and estimate rent and service charges for a range of tenures
- Knowledge and application of the Regulator of Social Housing’s Rent Standard and the 1985 Landlord and Tenant Act
- A good understanding and awareness of financial and accounting procedures.
- Customer centric with good interpersonal skills to ensure that we continue to meet all of our customer and colleague expectations.
- Computer literate with a practical knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ideally will hold an accounting qualification
Our client are a housing association that provides more than 60,000 people in Sunderland with a place they can call home. They're a values-driven organisation, with a clear vision, a social purpose and a commitment to investing in people, place and property. They6 believe everyone has the right to live in a good quality home they can afford and invest millions of pounds every year in keeping their existing homes safe, secure, and compliant.
They're also playing our part in addressing the UK housing crisis locally, by building hundreds of new, modern and contemporary homes for rent in Sunderland - homes that meet the needs of local people. Not only do they provide vital housing - they support their tenants, residents and communities by investing in services that help people live their best possible life.
This includes helping people to work, victims of domestic abuse and anti-social behaviour, young people to live independently, as well as a wellbeing service that supports our elderly tenants and residents.