Senior Communications Officer (12 month FTC)
London with opportunity for flexible working
The Institute for the Future of Work (IFOW) is shaping a fairer future through better work. We are an independent research and development institute that explores the changing world of work and builds practical solutions to help people thrive.
IFOW is embarking on an exciting period of rapid growth and we are now looking for a Senior Communications Officer to join us on a full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract and drive forward our communications strategy.
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced and talented communications professional to join our organisation and help us grow our profile as the go-to voice in the debate around the future of work.
Using your exceptional storytelling abilities, you will have the chance to lend your voice to one of the most pressing issues of the day, whilst enhancing your own portfolio and developing your skills.
So, if you are looking for a rewarding career and are keen to get involved with our important work, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Communications Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our communications strategy.
In this key role, you will raise our profile and amplify the impact of our work, growing our reputation as the go-to organisation for the future of work.
Working with colleagues across the organisation, you will plan, manage and develop our external communications, media relations and events. You will build strong relationships with journalists and influencers and deliver a variety of exciting and engaging events.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure our messaging is clear, compelling and consistent
- Plan, write and edit a wide range of content including blogs and press releases
- Proactively seek opportunities to showcase our work and pitch stories to media outlets
- Maintain our CRM databases
To join us as a Senior Communications Officer, you will need:
- A track record in planning and delivering impactful communications, preferably in a technology, policy or social justice environment
- Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and for a range of audiences with the ability to translate complex ideas into compelling storytelling
- Strong relationship building skills and some experience of working with the media
- Strong spokespersonship and editing skills to ensure clear organisational voice
- In-depth knowledge and experience of running professional social media accounts
- Knowledge and experience of developing, maintaining and updating a website
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with drive and at pace
- A commitment to quality and attention to detail
The ability to work with audiovisual media to produce presentations and video clips would be beneficial to your applications.
This is a full-time role for a 12 month fixed-term contract with a view to renewal. Applications from people who wish to work four days a week are welcome.
The closing date for applications is the 12th November 2021 with interviews scheduled for the 22nd – 24th November 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Communications Manager, Digital Communications Officer, PR Manager, Public Relations Manager, Senior Press Officer, or Senior Press Liaison Officer.
Webrecruit and the Institute for the Future of Work are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.