Are you a tenacious and persuasive negotiator who is looking to apply your skills in a charity setting? Are you a dynamic fundraiser looking for the next step in your career development? If so, we’ve got a fantastic opening for a career development opportunity in our growing fundraising team! Read on to find out more…
As part of our organisation’s investment, YMCA DownsLink Group are now seeking either a Head of Fundraising or a Fundraising Manager (with supported progression to Head of Fundraising in 6-12 months) to work within our enthusiastic team to develop and deliver our ambitious fundraising strategy.
Having achieved our initial annual targets, we are now looking a commercially minded fundraiser to help drive us towards generating an annual income of £1 million in five years’-time. This will be a hands-on role and we would welcome applications from candidates who have proven success at building commercial/fundraising revenue streams from scratch. Our ideal candidate will be a tenacious self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will be target driven, enjoy making connections and building relationships, and have natural commercial acumen. Most importantly, we’d like someone with a positive and creative energy! Someone who has a proven ability to drive new fundraising possibilities and inspire others to follow.
We are happy to consider applications from experienced managers or those seeking to develop their career and progress into a senior leadership role; if you think you meet the person specification, please do apply, as support can be provided to help you develop towards the Head of Fundraising role.
Key Traits: tenacious, entrepreneurial, creative, target driven, enthusiastic
- Demonstrable experience of personally, developing new fundraised income across a variety of fundraising streams which might include; individual giving, community fundraising, high net worth fundraising, events, or corporate fundraising
- Very strong, persuasive, communication skills, able to influence audiences at all different levels of seniority and experience
- Experience of fundraising in the charity sector and/or developing fundraising income from scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to prioritise, and some management experience
The position comes with excellent benefits, including 27-32 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays), a company sick pay scheme, a life assurance policy of 2x your annual salary, a health and wellbeing cash plan, and a cycle to work scheme. Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
CVs should be emailed to: email@example.com and must be received by 9am on 19th November 2021.
Your application should comprise:
- a detailed cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the role and including your experience of fundraising and why this role in particular, excites you
- a full CV, including educational and professional qualifications and employment history, showing the relevant experience/achievements
Please note, applications will be reviewed and shortlisted as they are received so early application will be beneficial.