Head of Estate Services - London / Essex
Location: Billericay, Essex / London
Salary: £57,000 - £62,000
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Expiry Date: Wednesday 03 November 2021
About the role
Our client are on a mission to Deliver Brilliant Customer Care and Great Places to Call Home.
They are an award-winning housing provider operating in East London and Essex, locally managing over 11,500 homes, including social rent, shared ownership, NHS accommodation and supported schemes.
They’re really proud of their Estate Services team who are responsible for keeping the communal areas of over 3,000 of their properties clean and tidy and have responsibility for all estate issues across all their properties.
This will be a mobile role to be based at head office (Billericay, Essex) but will travel to various sites across essex and east London.
You will be leading a dedicated team of 5 direct reports and a wider team of 45 to take their existing service to the next level by understanding customer needs to provide services that improve customer satisfaction and deliver good value for money.
You’ll also be responsible for the services delivered by third party contractors and make sure that they meet their high service standards.
- Developing and implementing the operational plan for Estate Services to provide high quality, value for money services across estates and deliver improved customer satisfaction
- Budget responsibility including ability to demonstrate VFM for services delivered by both in house and third party contractors.
- Working with finance to accurately apply costs to service charges
- Ensuring customers are fully engaged and involved in all relevant decisions
- Monitor all estates including those not undertaken by Estate Services team- and where action is needed to ensure they are brought up to the required standards
- Development and Production of KPI’s with regards to estates and quality. Ensure transparency to residents about the services they are receiving.
- Through leadership of the wider Estate Services team:
- Manage the
Ensure all set KPIs are produced and where targets are not met work with the contractors to improve performance. Where necessary take enforcement action outlined in the contract.
- Caretaking Service
Grounds Maintenance contract
Window Cleaning contract.
Parking Control contract
Communal Pest Control Contract
- Ensure Estates receive the services required by customers, ensure team are open and transparent in the services they provide.
- Maintain records of estate inspections and caretaking. Ensure actions from inspections are undertaken and where necessary escalate with relevant team.
- Ensure Forest Gate Estate meets the standard set out in the PFI contract.
- Work with Hera to deliver services to residents within their blocks. Ensure records of actions undertaken are available. Ensuring the agreed standard is provided at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring all management FRA actions are completed and where necessary post inspected.
- Responsible for ensuring communal areas and balconies comply with the sterile policy and where necessary take action to enforce these policies.
- Ensure car parking on estates is managed effectively, where appropriate appoint a parking contractor and ensure a designated manager acts as the main point of contact.
- Undertake regular reviews of estate services to ensure services are delivering value for money. Implement any changes highlighted by a review and produce outcomes from any changes.
- Responsible for ensuring complaints are handled and that teams learn from the outcome from complaints.
- Responsible for improving standards on all public realm and commenting on potential impact of new developments.
- Act as internal point of contact for queries relating to public realm.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will:
- Have experience of managing a caretaking or facilities management service in similar environment
- Have a strong track record of service improvement
- Have experience leading large and diverse teams over multiple sites
- Be a strategic thinker with strong operational knowledge and able to operate effectively across both.
- Be customer focused and commercially minded
- Have experience of project management
- Be self motivated and performance driven
- Flexible and able to work outside of core hours when required
In return our client offer some great benefits;
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + 3 days at Christmas
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Occupational Sick pay (after 6 months’ service)
- Performance Bonus
- Bupa Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 month’s service)
- Health Shield Level 1 cover company paid (when opted in to Bupa cover)
- Season Ticket Loans
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Excellent working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
About Our Client
Ranked No. 37 in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not for Profit Companies, working for our client is a lifestyle, not just a job. As a multi award winning Housing Association, they've been creating somewhere to feel at home for their team and their customers for 25 years. Whether working in Development & Regeneration, Operations, Construction, Care or Central Services, you can be sure that we will provide you with a home from home whatever job you do there. Our client an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.