• Weekly financial record keeping and control
o Bank and petty cash reconciliations and monitoring of bank balances.
o Record, monitor and maintaining the support documentation for all expenditure and income using fund accounting methods.
o Payment of suppliers, staff and volunteer expenses and remittance notifications
o Invoicing and credit control for income generation
o Managing and maintaining annual leave and sickness records
o Managing and controlling petty cash and petty cash reconciliation
o Reporting to the Income generation manager details of grant and donation income.
• Monthly financial reporting, payroll and administrative control
o Monitoring of staff timesheets, sick leave and holiday
o Monthly payroll, salary payments, HMRC and Pension submissions and payments
o Produce detailed management accounts in order to monitor actual costs and income against budgets and forecasts. State the Charity’s financial position and comparisons with previous periods.
o Monitor and report on the use of restricted and unrestricted funds
• Quarterly Financial Governance reporting and control
o Produce summary reports for the Trustees
o Review forecast for the Financial Year
o Monitor reserves in line with the Charity’s reserve policy
• Annual Budgeting, Reporting and Statutory requirements
o Assist in producing the Charity’s Annual Report
o Produce the statutory annual finance reports for the Charities Commission
o Liaise with the Independent examiner to produce the independent Examiners Report for the Charities Commission.
o Submit reports to the Charities Commissions within the regulatory timescales
o Companies House and Charities Commission Annual return
o Payroll procedures, HMRC end of year reports and submissions
o Working with the Chief Officer and service managers to produce Annual Budgets
o Insurance renewals
• Ongoing financial support to all team members
o Being the main point of contact with external agencies, suppliers and contractors on all financial matters
o Assist the Income Generation Manager with financial information for grant applications and other grant reports.
o Update the Charities and Company House records with any changes to Governance.
o Producing reports, letters and other written materials as required
o Answering telephone enquiries and taking messages.
o Be aware of statutory financial changes as specified by the Charities Commission
o Review of financial procedures to ensure they are suitable to provide financial control and security and that they are being followed at all times.
C. Employee requirements
The post holder is also expected to:
• To fully comply with the IYC policy and procedural framework
• To fully comply with the IYC safeguarding policy and procedure
• To attend mandatory annual ‘in house’ training on safeguarding; lone working; data protection; and suicide and self-harming behaviour
• To represent the values and ethos of IYC at all times
• To have due regard to the health and safety of themselves and others
• To work in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with IYC’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policies
• To work as part of a mutually supportive team (IYC staff, volunteers, mentors and Co-Workers)
• To attend training and supervision as agreed with the Line Manager.
• Attend full staff and team meetings
• Work flexibly as agreed within the team to meet the demands of the service
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to service delivery
• Positively promote partnership and partner agencies
• Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline the duties and responsibilities of the post, these duties are not exhaustive.