The Neighbourhoods and Communities Service is about growing the power of communities by working collaboratively with citizens, communities and the voluntary sector and well as across the council and with city partners.
Through COVID 19 we have seen just what is possible when this works well.
We are looking for a well organised, enthusiastic person to support a range of work across the Neighbourhoods & Communities Service including; communicating with partners, compiling impact reports, setting up internal systems, capturing and presenting action learning, organising peer networks and communities of practice.
You will have experience of:
- developing and implementing systems to support efficient planning, recording, delivery, monitoring, reporting and data management
- using research and data effectively
- engaging a wide range of partners to deliver successful projects
- effective facilitation skills and a positive, encouraging approach to our colleagues and partners.
You will be able to:
- apply your creativity to communicate and engage people and organisations to work together using a range of digital and analogue tools.
- work creatively as part of a focused team and contributes actively to our wider Service and organisational development.
- You will have an understanding of how inequity works and bring a commitment to developing your knowledge to bring about meaningful change.
If you would like to be part of making change happen in Bristol and supporting the different sectors of our communities to work together to improve the city’s quality of life we’d like to hear from you.
This role will involve some evening and weekend work which will make up your usual working week and which you will be able to take back as flexi time.
Why Bristol City Council?
At Bristol City Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work environment which is fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high profile organisation.
Join us and you’ll receive a generous rewards package including flexible working and flexi-time, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition, you’ll be working in a supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to make Bristol a better place and contribute to its future.
How do I apply?
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please select the apply button.
If you require further information, please contact Penny Germon at email@example.com
Closing date: 12 November 2021.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the city we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic and Young People (16-24) candidates who are currently under-represented within this Service of Bristol City Council. Appointments will be made on merit.