Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We do this by summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, generating new evidence of ‘what works’ and what doesn’t work to improve teaching and learning and supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country to use this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for children and young people.
As the Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, you will play a pivotal role in the growth and income generation of the EEF.
Its purpose is to lead the EEF’s fundraising activities and strategy in sourcing grants from trusts, foundations and institutional/government funders of all sizes, and to maintain and develop ongoing relationships and major donations.
The remit will span every aspect of the grantee lifecycle – from grant administration through to finance and compliance responsibilities. The EEF has an ambitious ongoing target of raising a minimum of £3m per annum from non-government funders, which will be the main responsibility of the Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships. A total of £34m of fundraising has been achieved in the first 9 years of the EEF.
The Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships is a key member of the Finance & Operations team that covers day-to-day operations, income-generations, providing expertise and information necessary to maximise the impact of EEF’s resources for the continued operational delivery of EEF’s mission and objectives.
To join us as a Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, you will need:
- A proven track record of success in securing six-figure gifts from non-government sources, and experience of involvement in securing seven-figure gifts
- Proven experience of philanthropy and partnerships fundraising, preferably within the education or charity sector
- To be results driven with a strong track record of growing, retaining, and extending high value partnerships that exceed targets
- An ability to identify strategy, initiate and manage projects, as well as consider risk
What you can expect from us
- Salary of c£55,000 - £60,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension - 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please download the recruitment pack and submit your application via our online recruitment portal.
Close Date: 10 November 2021 (23:59)
1st Stage Interviews: w/c 15 November 2021
2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 22 November 2021
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original timeframe.
The EEF is committed to creating a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve, regardless of background characteristics.
To assist us in understanding how we are progressing to meet these aims and to identify areas for further focus, we are seeking your support to collect information to produce and monitor equal opportunities aggregate statistics.
As part of the application, you’ll be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing the form is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). If you have any queries, please contact us.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.