- Permanent, full-time post
- Based at CMS House, Oxford, with some flexibility for home working
- Starting salary £47,390 and generous pension contribution: up to 15 per cent employer contribution on annual salary
- As an equal opportunities’ employer, we particularly welcome applications from women and individuals from minority groups as they are currently underrepresented within our organisation at this level. All appointments are made on merit of skill, experience and potential as laid down in the job description and person specification.
Do you have a passion for both mission and management? A love of spreadsheets as well as spreading the gospel? CMS is looking for a servant-hearted leader to join our senior leadership team (SLT) in Oxford. The post holder will be responsible for strategic development in the area of finance, leading and coordinating policy for financial planning and budgetary control. In addition, they will take responsibility for corporate strategic development and leadership of the ICT and facilities teams (including property management, pensions and risk management). As a member of the SLT they will play a full role in developing and implementing the CMS mission strategy.
The post will continue the work towards financial sustainability, while further developing excellent relationships with other teams within CMS and the wider CMS mission network. They will be a prayerful, discerning Christian who will nurture a healthy mission spirituality within CMS.
It will therefore be a requirement for the post holder to be a committed and practising Christian who would uphold CMS’s values and ethos.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the ideal candidate will be a chartered accountant or equivalent, a member of an accounting body with at least five years’ relevant experience in a senior role, a proven track record of working in finance in a business or charity context and experience of leading, developing and motivating others.
For the past two years CMS has been carrying out an organisational strategic review to address three key issues:
- A need for greater focus and clarity of purpose
- A need for clarity of identity and role
- A need for financial sustainability
Further details can be found in the job description and person specification available to download on the Church Mission Society website.
This post has an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a practising and committed Christian, committed to the aims, values and the ethos statement of CMS. Occasional travel may be required.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications:
- Midnight 14 November 2021
- First round of interviews will be held on 29 and 30 November 2021 via Zoom.
- Final round of interviews will be held in person at CMS House, Oxford, on 9 and 10 December 2021.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and completed application form (available to download) to: HR Team, Church Mission Society, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6BZ or email@example.com
If you have any issues downloading or opening the form please contact our HR team for assistance or contact Melinda Staines, Head of HR at 01865 787405.
CMS is committed to recruiting, retaining and developing a workforce that reflects at all grades the diverse communities that we serve. Therefore we ask that you complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring form available on our website and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for prayerfully exploring this opportunity!