Alumni Project ManagerLondon, E1
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership is a leading East London-based charity that bridges the gap between education and the world of work.
For almost 30 years, we have worked in partnership with schools and businesses to provide fair and equal opportunities that enable young people to broaden their horizons and help them achieve their aspirations.
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on young people’s learning and employability prospects – for many, the future does not feel bright. Now more than ever, it’s vital that we give young people the support they need to learn more, do more and become more.
We are currently looking for an Alumni Project Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £32,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus Christmas shutdown and Bank Holidays
- Great office location
- Friendly and inclusive environment
- Early finish on Fridays
If you have experience in project management and stakeholder engagement, this is the perfect opportunity to join us on a new venture for the charity and help us address inequality and improve social mobility for young people.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we prepare to celebrate our 30th anniversary and you will play an integral role in helping to secure the future of our charity into its next decade.
Our vision is for all young people to learn more, do more and become more as we believe that educated communities will become thriving communities. If you want to help us achieve our vision, this is the role for you.
As an Alumni Project Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and growing a dynamic Alumni Network for young people aged 18-25 and providing support as they navigate the critical transition from education to employment.
Delivering engaging events and workshops, you will create digital content and resources, whilst supporting and tracking the young people as they pursue their chosen careers. You will build community and corporate relationships and help our employer partners establish new talent pipelines.
You will work with colleagues across the charity, school networks, key corporate partners, stakeholders and Universities, creating engaging and bespoke communications across a variety of platforms. Your aim will be to help our network become the ‘go to’ place for young people and employers.
To join us as an Alumni Project Manager, you will need:
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a teaching, training, facilitating or events delivery role and/or experience of working with children or young adults
- Experience of managing a project or programme with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of stakeholder and/or customer engagement and relationship management
- Good presentation and public speaking skills with experience in creating engaging content for workshops, lessons or training sessions
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to adapt your style for different audiences and different channels
- An understanding of social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn and how they can be utilised for publicity and campaigns
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proficiency in IT, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ideally, you will be familiar with the education sector and have knowledge of business education activity or have a specific interest in it.
The successful candidate must complete an enhanced DBS form and be approved to work with children.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Training Project Manager, Education Project Manager, HE Project Manager, or FE Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm, Tuesday 9th November, with interviews expected to be held in mid-November 2021.
Webrecruit and Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Alumni Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.