Senior Project Co-ordinator – Delivery Of Two Primary School Education Programmes
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership is a leading East London-based charity that bridges the gap between education and the world of work.
For almost 30 years, we have worked in partnership with schools and businesses to provide fair and equal opportunities that enable young people to broaden their horizons and help them achieve their aspirations.
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on young people’s learning and employability prospects – for many, the future does not feel bright. Now more than ever, it’s vital that we give young people the support they need to learn more, do more and become more.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Co-ordinator to join us and play a key role in the delivery of two primary school education programmes, BEE and Abacus.
BEE is a project which helps primary school pupils develop financial literacy skills. Abacus is a family financial literacy project engaging children and their parents and bringing money, insurance and the world of work to life, whilst broadening children's aspirations.
- Salary of £25,500 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus Christmas shutdown and Bank Holidays
- Great office location
- Friendly and inclusive environment
- Early finish on Fridays
If you have experience in co-ordinating educational programmes and projects, this is an amazing opportunity to join our organisation and help us address inequality and improve social mobility for young people.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we prepare to celebrate our 30th anniversary and you will play an integral role in helping to secure the future of our charity into its next decade.
Our vision is for all young people to learn more, do more and become more as we believe that educated communities will become thriving communities. If you want to help us achieve our vision, this is the role for you.
As a Senior Project Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for project managing the BEE and Abacus financial literacy programmes in primary schools.
Delivering weekly sessions to children and training other staff and freelance facilitators, you will communicate with a variety of school contacts and corporate partners, ensuring a high-quality experience for all.
You will also work with our LCP Project Manager to recruit volunteers and deliver volunteer training, overseeing and supporting the material preparation, administration and volunteer briefings.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist in measuring the impact of the programmes
- Manage the project budget by tracking spending
- Update and maintain records on the CRM database
Please note, our activities and programmes are currently being delivered virtually, with the transition to some in-person workshops planned to start again from January 2022.
To join us as a Senior Project Co-ordinator, you will need:
- A minimum of two years’ experience, preferably in a teaching, training, facilitation or events delivery role and/or experience of working with children or young adults
- Knowledge of Key Stage 2 curriculum and/or experience delivering financial literacy programmes to primary schools
- Experience of managing a project or programme with multiple stakeholders
- Project and event management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Proficiency in IT, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and social media platforms
- Confidence in online conferencing platforms (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams) to virtually deliver interactive workshop content
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
Experience of engaging with parents in an educational setting would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in volunteer recruitment, training and management and/or experience of creating and delivering engaging activities via video call.
The successful candidate must complete an enhanced DBS form and be approved to work with children.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Programme Co-ordinator, Workshop Co-ordinator, Educational Programme Co-ordinator, Key Stage 2 Project Manager, Financial Literacy Programme Co-ordinator, Skills Training Co-ordinator, Skills Workshop Co-ordinator, Careers Workshop Co-ordinator, or Careers Fair Co-ordinator.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm, Tuesday 9th November, with interviews expected to be held in mid-November 2021.
Webrecruit and Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Project Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.