Claire House are recruiting for a full time Finance Assistant (Payroll)
This role is suitable for hybrid-working (part home/office based)
Claire House Children's Hospice helps seriously and terminally ill children live life to the full by creating wonderful experiences and bringing back a sense of normality to family life. By providing specialist nursing care and emotional support we help families smile again when life couldn't get any tougher.
Claire House are looking for an exceptional Finance Assistant to join our finance team, on a permanent basis, to support the payroll and pensions processes.
The successful candidate will have extensive payroll and pensions administration experience, be highly organised, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels from across the organisation.
As Finance Assistant at Claire House, the successful candidate will:
• Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running of the finance department and the payroll process.
• Develop systems alongside the Finance Manager to provide a robust payroll system.
• Be responsible for the processing of the monthly payroll (200+ staff) and providing payroll /salary information to the finance department, Trust team and budget holders.
• Provide administration for the various Claire House pension schemes and other payroll deductions, completing reports and arranging payments.
• Provide cover for the other roles in the team.
We are looking for:
• Advanced skills in word and excel
• Experience of working with computerised accounting systems
• Understanding the importance of confidentiality
• Good planning & organisational skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing at all levels
• Good interpersonal skills
• Commitment to Claire House and its objectives
What we offer:
• Generous annual leave
• Pension scheme
• Life cover
• Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and counselling service
• Free car parking
• Free eye sight test
• Opportunity for hybrid-working, upon completion of probationary period
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please visit www.clairehouse.org.uk for further details, job description and application form.
We are actively seeking candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds.
At Claire House we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and value everyone as an individual. We are committed to organisational practices which promote diversity and inclusion for all employees and volunteers regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief. Connecting these differences creates a productive environment in which everyone feels valued.
If you want further information or want to discuss this vacancy, please contact:
Janet Wallace, Head of Finance: email@example.com
Job description & application via Claire House Website www.claire-house.org.uk/recruitment
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 1 November 2021
Interviews will be held w/b 8 November 2021
Please note that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
This role is subject to a DBS check
This organisation's recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.