Membership Marketing Executive
One year fixed term contract (with possibility for extension/permanent role)
£28,000-30,000 depending on experience
RHS Garden Wisley, Woking, Surrey
(plus home working and occasional visits to Head Office in London)
Our 575,000 members are the lifeblood of the RHS; supporting our mission to make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. We are ambitious to grow membership and connect more people to the work we do as the UK’s leading gardening charity.
We are looking for an experienced, pro-active, enthusiastic and organised Marketing Executive to join this busy membership marketing team. This is a broad and varied role working on marketing activities across both acquisition of new RHS members and retention of existing members.
If you love plants, growing and would like to work within a purpose-driven organisation that improves lives and helps to protect the environment, this could be the perfect role for you.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for the planning, delivery and ongoing management of marketing activities and campaigns to maximise member acquisition and increase member engagement to support retention targets, in conjunction with the Membership Marketing Manager
- Plan and implement email and direct marketing campaigns including creative brief, data brief, production, implementation and evaluation
- Monitor the ongoing performance of the member referral programme, making recommendations and implementing initiatives to enhance performance
- Creation of email campaigns including supporting the curation of the fortnightly member e-newsletter
- Working with the Membership Marketing Manager to identify potential acquisition partners, creation of presentations and sales materials, ongoing management of specified partner programmes.
- Maintaining a bank of member testimonials on behalf of the Membership Marketing team
We are looking a Marketing Executive with direct marketing experience including planning and delivering both digital and print marketing initiatives. Ideally you will have the following experience and skills:
- Broad marketing experience including both print and digital communications
- Experience of creating email marketing communications
- Experience of direct marketing
- Experience of sourcing content for marketing communications
- Experience of working with media and/or design agencies
- Good copywriting skills
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage workload
- Ability to work proactively in a busy environment, prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines
We offer a wide range of benefits as part of your employment package which include 25 days holiday and life assurance.
Apply online with your CV and evidence of how you match the essential knowledge, experience and skills requirements of the role.
The RHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all personnel to share in this commitment. We are an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
All applications should be received by 5pm on 29th October 2021.