Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Executive
Flexible location within the UK
Justice and Care is a charity dedicated to saving lives and breaking the grip of slavery. We support the rescue of victims of slavery and human trafficking, empowering them to rebuild their lives.
We work with the police to pursue and dismantle criminal networks, secure communities at risk from traffickers and spark systematic change.
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Executive, to join us on a permanent, full-time basis (however, we are open to discussing flexible working, compressed or part-time hours).
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
- Private healthcare
- Support a ground-breaking charity that is restoring lives
Impact measurement is critically important to us at Justice and Care, and the lynchpin of our strategy. We aim to lead the field in the quality and reliability of our analysis of what really works in the fight against human trafficking - so that we can communicate and scale genuinely effective solutions.
As we enter our next phase of growth in our operations, we are looking for a brilliant Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Executive who will work alongside our Impact and Investments Manager to deliver effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting across all our programmes and further embed our evidence-driven culture. Our work spans multiple countries and delivery designs, including direct service provision and systemic change work - this role is exciting, challenging and varied.
Your main responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Helping to design monitoring and evaluation processes for new programmes, and overseeing their implementation in the field
- Ensuring that data collection is taking place accurately, ethically and securely, through site visits and data analysis
- Collating and synthesising programme data, visualising it, drafting insightful commentary and identifying key learnings
- Writing reports for internal and external stakeholders detailing the progress and impact of our projects
- Helping ensure and improve mechanisms for centring beneficiary perspectives within our impact measurement, live learning, quality assurance and adaptive management
- Supporting the designing and delivery of the research and learning agenda for the organisation - including designing and managing independent evaluations and action research
To join us as a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Executive, you will need:
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluating within the non-profit or public sectors
- Experience of selecting, adapting and utilising a range of qualitative and quantitative MEAL approaches, methods and tools as appropriate to different settings and programmes
- Experience of collating and analysing data from multiple sources to prepare succinct reports tailored for the needs of diverse audiences
- Strong strategic, analytical and data handling skills
- Effective project and time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple conflicting tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication effectively cross-culturally and for different audiences
- Self-motivation, with a high capacity for self-directed and team working, and a willingness to contribute wherever needed
- Positive, solutions-focused and collaborative working style
The closing date is Monday 4th November 2021. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Webrecruit and Justice and Care are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented and minority groups. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for your next challenge as a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst, Impact Analyst, or Impact & Measurement Analyst.