Director of Operations
20 St. James Street, Hammersmith | Full-Time Contract | Hybrid Working
Start Date September 2021 | £40 – 44K Salary
The Oppidan Foundation is a registered UK charity set up to address a shortfall in the current education system. The Foundation utilises the support of older students as mentors to younger children to raise aspirations in those at risk of exclusion. It is a novel charity designed to harness the power of peer-to-peer mentoring within the maintained sector, its vision to be the leading mentoring charity in the UK within 24 years. The Oppidan Foundation exists as a separate body to its sister company, Oppidan Education, with its own trustee board and administrative team.
With over ten pilot programmes completed in its first full year of business and a growing team of mentors on board, the Foundation is now looking to scale its growth and operations around the UK. The Foundation is looking to hire a Director of Operations to run and manage the Foundation and its small team of employees.
The ideal candidate is somebody with 3 years minimum (preferably 5-10+) in the education charity sector with experience running and managing projects, who has success sales case studies and who has a vision to take the charity and scale it nationally. We are looking for somebody motivated by autonomy, by making a difference, by responsibility and by a purpose to help the future generation of children in this country.
- Directing the operations of the whole charity, growing out and managing a team underneath them.
2. Schools Programme Lead
- Initiating relationships with new secondary schools, sixth forms, Multi- Academy Trusts, creating and sustaining strong relationships with schools.
- Pitching and selling programmes to schools, ensuring pricing decisions are considered and teams managed.
- Managing all safeguarding related incidents and ensuring protocol
- Facilitating and launching school assemblies (in person and/or virtual)
3. School Programme Admin
- Ensuring all student-mentees complete required surveys as part of their participation in the programme
- Authorising financial duties, including the management of invoices.
- Managing mentor recruitment and training of a team of mentors
- Supporting the board of Trustees with required actions following quarterly meetings
- Liaising with trustees and support ahead of meetings and events
- Ensuring effective minutes are taken and circulated to the board of Trustees
- Liaising with relevant research bodies to ensure data needs and targets being met
6. Marketing and Social
- Managing press relations
- Growing connections on Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / LinkedIn
7. Events and Fundraising
- Managing and developing relationships with donors
- Develop bi-annual investor / donor impact reports and updates newsletter
- Leading planning and smooth delivery of large-scale fundraising events
8. Essential skills
- Advanced inter-personal skills. Demonstrate competence and confidence in dealing with senior donors, school leaders, board of trustees
- Excellent copywriting skills
- IT skills need to include the ability to: manage social media
Please send CV and cover letter before 11th November to email@example.com