London (Office and home-based)
At User Voice, we are all people with lived experience of the criminal justice system and we are passionate and energetic about making change, happy to have become part of the unique User Voice dynamic.
We are resilient by nature and work alongside, rather than within, the criminal justice system. We are servant leaders, accountable to the people we serve. Since we began our journey in 2009, we have grown significantly, with 5 regional teams, 30 plus staff and 400 volunteers.
We are now seeking a Communications Lead to join our team on a full-time basis, working 40 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Take on an exciting role where you can make a real difference
- Become part of a determined team who are passionate about what they do
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proven communications professional to join a charity dedicated to reducing offending. You’ll have the chance to support rehabilitation efforts with marginalised people in and around the criminal justice system through your creativity and expertise.
By joining us, you will help to proactively influence policy within the criminal justice system and be a conduit between research, reports and key decision makers and policy forums, truly making a difference.
At User Voice, we value experience – 85% of our team have lived experience. If you believe you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, apply today.
As the Communications Lead, you will lead all key communications and public relations on behalf of User Voice.
You will work to raise awareness and enable us to become more visible, influential and responsive in the way we communicate internally and externally.
Leading our regional and national campaigns, you will also organise and deliver seminars and co-production events. These activities will include researching and producing written materials, presentations, guides and facilitating training sessions.
Specifically, you will:
- Design marketing and presentation collateral
- Manage websites, social media platforms and the internal newsletter
- Help collate insights to improve the delivery of service
- Write press releases relating to changes and developments in policy agendas
- Measure, analyse and report on all campaign performances
To join us as our Communications Lead, you will need:
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a similar communications role
- Proven experience of writing creative and visually appealing reports
- Experience of designing and delivering content across a range of media channels
- Experience of contributing to influential meetings, briefing sessions, or public events
- Proven ability to manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in IT, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, social
media, websites, and extensive experience of using a range of software packages to
enhance internal and external communications
- Experience of CMS platforms, preferably WordPress
- To be familiar with analytics platforms, preferably Google Analytics
- To be educated to degree level and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field
Experience within the charity sector, especially in delivering presentations and productive
networking at events, would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with people with lived experience of prison and probation would also be desirable.
Experience of working with and/or managing interns and volunteers would also be advantageous, as would knowledge of GDPR compliance and/or the criminal justice system.
This post is subject to basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes.
User Voice welcomes applications from ex-offenders and from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Lead, Campaign Lead, Marketing Campaign Lead, Charity Marketing Lead, Charity Comms Lead, Charity Marketing Lead, Communications Manager, Marketing Campaigns Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, or Marcomms Manager.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as Communications Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.