Membership Development Officer
We are looking for an experienced Membership Development Officer to support in the design, delivery and launch of an exciting new membership package.
The charity has been working with schools for many years and is dedicated to improving life chances of every child and young person by promoting nurture across the whole education system and beyond.
Position: Membership Development Officer
Location: Flexible as homeworking supported - office working available in London and Glasgow if required
Salary: £28,840 to £29,870 dependent on experience
Duration: 12 months Fixed Term Contract (becoming permanent if funding allows)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and 5% Employer pension contribution
About the role:
The charity will soon begin a process of reviewing and redesigning its membership offer. They will then launch a new membership package, which adds significant value to what is offered with the intention of best supporting members and growing membership.
As Membership Development Officer you will be responsible for helping to define the new package and for delivering it, both at launch and ongoing to grow the membership base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Market and audiences research and insights
- Product, eg. the membership package design and delivery
- Marketing and communications activities
- Regular acquisition and retention marketing and communication activities
- Content development
- Event design and management
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward thinking and passionate individual, with experience of working to grow a membership base and community.
You will also have experience in all or most of the following areas:
- Sound experience and knowledge of membership organisations and how to grow and retain the membership base
- Experience of being able to manage projects and plan a whole workstream
- Acquisition and retention marketing experience
- Events management experience
- Desk research and customer research to gain insights and need
- Experience of the third sector and or membership organisations
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills and tailor content for different audiences
- Good attention to detail, and the ability to keep accurate records and work at pace
- Ability to listen to customers and colleagues with empathy, to think critically and solve and escalate problems
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, unpredictable workload with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Enthusiasm for digital solutions, and a customer-focused mindset
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Membership Officer, Senior Development Officer, Membership Development Support Officer, Membership Officer/Annual Renewal, Marketing Officer, Fundraising and Membership Officer, Events and Membership Officer, Membership Data Officer, Partnership and Membership Officer, Subscriptions, Marketing, Communications and Membership Officer, etc.