Impact Hub King’s Cross
Impact Hub King’s Cross is a social enterprise and a home for positive change. We bring together impact-driven individuals and organisations through our coworking space, business support programmes, and events, to collectively build a more fair and sustainable future. We are part of a leading global network of 100+ Impact Hubs across 50+ locations with 16,500 members. For more information see: http://kingscross.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
Impact Hub King’s Cross is looking for an experienced and committed Community Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about building and connecting communities of social entrepreneurs in order to catalyse impact. The successful candidate will work closely with our Operations Manager and Managing Director to engage members and the wider community. This will be achieved by delivering services and events that connect, enable and inspire.
The Community Manager will be responsible for:
- Community building: nurturing and growing the community cohesion to increase member satisfaction; Leading on member survey dissemination and collection; using the data to produce impact reports alongside the Communications Manager
- Community engagement and experience: co-developing and implementing creative methods of engaging and connecting Impact Hub members locally and globally, in person and through online networks, to enhance their ability to collaborate.
- Community promotion: working closely with the Communications Manager, using digital and traditional media, to strengthen relationships with and between Impact Hub members, recruit new members and connect them to other networks and opportunities. This includes occasionally managing and updating social media platforms.
- Events delivery: curating, managing and facilitating the existing and successful programme of events and workshops that inspire members and support their work; develop in close collaboration with key members and the core team new strands of event programming, which includes establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key partner organisations.
- Member recruitment and retention: Working closely with the Operations team to lead and drive membership sales by scouting and attracting new members; updating membership offers in accordance to new trends and demands; ensuring retention of members by identifying and responding to members' needs.
- Member capacity building: leading in the delivery of business support opportunities for the community such as workshops and clinics with key partners.
- Membership administration: Working closely with the Operations team and Finance Manager and using our membership management platform, Nexudus, to respond quickly to membership requests and queries. Suggesting ways to update our processes.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the social economy and values driven business
- At least 2 years experience in a community building or development role, hospitality, community management and/or equivalent
- Experience in event/workshops planning and delivery
- A strong understanding of operational procedures and processes
- Exceptional communication skills both in person and online
- Experience in using CRM software and proficient in using MS packages
- Ability to manage a complex and multifaceted workload
- Ability to work within a team, but also independently
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in social media engagement
- Experience in research and data analysis
- Contacts within the social enterprise sector and awareness of opportunities for social enterprise in London
Are friendly and positive attitude
Are a confident self-starter
Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
Have a values-driven approach to your work
Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business
Terms and Conditions
Working hours: Normal working hours are 37.5 per week, not including a break. In addition, occasional weekend working and flexibility may be required with time off in lieu or overtime. We also offer a holiday allowance of 25 days per annum plus national bank holidays. We are happy to consider qualified candidates interested in working flexible hours.
Location: Currently based at Impact Hub King’s Cross, 34B York Way, N1, but due to expansion plans these roles may transfer in future to an alternative location in Central London.
Contract: Permanent with a 3 month probation period. Starting Salary is £25,000 per annum full time, plus pension and profit share scheme.
How to Apply
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Manager” and attach your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, and how you meet the person specification. Applications without both a CV and a cover letter may not be considered.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. To limit any unconscious bias, all applications will be anonymised. Please let us know if you have any other accessibility needs.
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm, Sunday 31st October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 28 October and Friday 29 October plus additional date TBC
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to successful applicants.