Empowr-U are an organisation that Engages, Inspires and Empowers young people and the communities that they live in, using a variety of tools to support children and young people on a journey.
We provide activities such as sports sessions, arts, youth work, mentoring and coaching in order to support this journey, and we are now looking for a Youth and Community Manager to oversee our work in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody looking to inspire both our workforce of staff and volunteers and the children, young people and communities that we work with. Whilst having an excellent personal work ethic, with an ambition to grow as a person and help grow our already expanding organisation. The candidate must have a passion for working with children and young people in a variety of settings, and have an energetic, hands-on approach to our work. The role will require the candidate to deliver activities as well as manage the team and the projects. Above all, the candidate must have high personal standards and feel confident in maintaining high standards across our provision.
Applicants of all levels of experience, all types of backgrounds and cultures are welcomed to apply.
The Youth and Community Manager will oversee the day to day operations of our provision, and report to the Operations Director. The position will also report to the board of directors at board meetings. The OM will work alongside the Operations Director on successfully delivering the programmes. The OM will work with the OD in managing successful programmes, improving workforce standards and capacity and developing resilient and prosperous operational relationships. The function of the role will be to implement automated systems and procedures based on replicating and developing highly impactful, efficient and mission-related results. The OM will work with the OD to drive the day to day business actions of Empowr-U.
- Always setting a positive example, demonstrating, delivering and expecting high standards.
- Importance in understanding and developing an entrepreneurial approach.
- Having a growth mindset, where obstacles are challenges that increase learning
- Being a strong problem solver and communicator, with all groups of people.
- Sharing ideas and appreciating ideas from others.
- Being flexible to the needs of the organisation and being competent in the area of work.
- A commitment to empowering people, and creating leaders for the future.
Policies and Procedures
- Monitoring and Implementation of policies and procedures.
- Designing quality assurance processes to monitor policies, procedures, systems and automation checklists
- Evaluate, review and amend policies, procedures, systems and automation checklists
- Act as a designated safeguarding lead, in a team of DSL.
- Lead on health and safety and various compliances such as risk assessments, training and qualifications, quality assurance processes.
- To implement a quality assurance plan, in order to increase quality levels and standards throughout the organisation.
- To implement a quality assurance plan in order to create a culture of strong quality assurance, self-directed quality management, professional development and high performance.
- Contributing towards the design of new programmes.
- Overseeing the marketing and sales of new and existing programmes.
- Communicating Feedback, Gaps, Opportunities or Need to help find new opportunities.
- Supporting the workforce in testing, piloting and implementing their ideas within the organisation.
- Developing a systems-based approach to all new products that are being developed.
- Resolving project design limitations or faults.
Programme Budgeting, Implementation and Planning
- Managing project budgets in line with expectations set by finance directors
- Accurate and up to date expenditure records
- Authorising Invoicing, timesheet and purchase orders
- Producing accurate, informative and analytical reports to the board.
Youth Work and Workforce Development
- Lead on the training and development of staff and volunteers.
- Develop a workforce training and development system
- Develop a systematic approach to inducting new staff
- Develop internal training sessions and systems
- To deliver youth and community sessions to the highest of standards
- To uphold excellent knowledge, follow, and further develop Engage, Inspire, Empower theory of change.'
- To personally mentor some of the less experienced staff members
- The post holder will be the last point of cover for all sessional delivery and operational tasks and should understand their level of responsibility for ensuring consistency and quality of provision.
- To manage a direct report of approximately 10 part-time staff and volunteers
- Able to develop staff scheduling on a termly basis, and react to daily operational needs.
- To be a direct report for Sick, Holiday and other leave entitlements.
- To deliver effective one to one and team meetings.
- To ensure that the staff are managed in line with legal requirements and the Employee Handbook
- To organise the day to day activities of the organisation.
- To oversee and develop online systems such as email, online forms, databases, CRM systems and shared areas.
- To produce high-quality documents, reports and content relating to the work of the organisation.
Project Management and Customer Relationships
- To oversee and develop projects for Empowr-U and ensure the projects meet their KPI’s, Key Milestones and strategic objectives for the organisation/s.
- To manage and develop new relationships with key stakeholders.
- To ensure the project is delivered within the budget allocated.
- To deliver projects as and when needed.
- To develop new business ideas, concepts and proposals for customers (Liaising with OD)