Head of Market Development and Investment - Community Shares Unit (Three Year FTC)
Home Based (with regular travel across the UK)
The Community Shares Unit (CSU) is a partnership between Co-operatives UK, Locality, and the Plunkett Foundation, set up in 2012 to support community ownership of vital buildings, spaces and services.
Community shares are an accessible way for people from all backgrounds to invest in a project or causes they believe in. They give people an equal stake and a say in what matters to them, as investment amounts can start as low as £10. Some share offers that demonstrate best practice are matched by institutional investment administered by the CSU through our Booster programme.
We’re now seeking an entrepreneurial Head of Market Development and Investment to deliver campaigns to raise awareness of community shares, to develop and promote new practice in the sector and to secure further funding to grow the work of the community shares unit.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week. but some flexibility and possible job share arrangements would be considered.
- Salary circa £50,000 per annum
- 34 days’ holiday rising to 39 days (including Bank Holidays)
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced contributory pension
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Flexible working patterns
- Coaching programme
- Cycle to work scheme
As the Head of Market Development and Investment, you will co-ordinate the activities of the partnership and lead on you will lead on the three strands to the CSU strategy:
- Market development – including campaigns to promote community shares, supporting societies and groups and work with partners and government
- Standards – development and promotion of new practice in the sector
- Investment – attracting further resources to the unit to further the community shares model
This vital additional capacity will focus initially on market development and investment.
You don’t need to have existing knowledge or experience of community shares, but the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong track record of strategic marketing, fundraising or business development
- Relationship building with a range of senior stakeholders
- Excellent persuasion skills, particularly with funders and policy makers, will be vital, as will excellent analytical skills to interpret complex data and policies
Interest? We can’t wait to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 10am on 1st November 2021.
This is a full-time role; however, some flexibility and possible job share arrangements can be considered.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Market Development, Head of Investment, Head of Organisational Development, Market Development and Investment Lead, or Head of Investment and Market Development.
Webrecruit, Locality and Co-operatives UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Head of Market Development and Investment, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.