Salary - Competitive Salary plus excellent Veolia benefits
Hours - Part time, 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with drive, positivity and ambition to join our team at the Veolia Environmental Trust as we embark on a period of discovery and change. We’re looking for someone with outstanding administration skills, but also a passion for protecting the environment and making lives better for local communities.
You'll be employed by Veolia ES UK Ltd but will be on permanent secondment to the Veolia Environmental Trust, an independent charity that supports Veolia to distribute funding to environmental and community projects.
The role will be based in Four Ashes, Staffordshire, WV10 7DG, with some home-working.
This is a position where you will have the chance to support all aspects of the Trust’s activities, helping communities to access funds made available through the Landfill Communities Fund.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be joining a small team where we all take responsibility for making the Trust successful, so your responsibilities will be varied and interesting. They will include:
- Process, appraise and evaluate funding applications
- Support applicants to resolve queries and collate the necessary information to establish Finance Agreements
- Ensure regulatory compliance of approved projects through to completion.
- Visit projects as required to ensure compliance with Trust and regulatory requirements: Provide assistance during the project; confirm completion and attend events; and monitor post-completion as necessary.
- Liaise with the regulator, ENTRUST, and ensure that the information provided meets regulatory requirements.
- Process projects’ evidence of expenditure to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist with Finance processes when required
- Identify and implement improvements and/ or changes to procedures and processes
- Maintain effective networks with stakeholders and others within the sector to promote the Trust and its work.
- Arranging, attending, taking minutes and contributing to Trustee and other meetings (internal and external) as necessary.
- Assisting in communications, engagement and outreach activities, as well as any other duties as required to ensure the effective running of the Trust.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, you will have proven experience within an administrative role to be successful in this position.
- An understanding of the third sector and/or environmental or community grant-making would be a great advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and being able to work at a pace are all necessary, as is the ability to work as part of a small team and on your own initiative, including some home working.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication ability and interpersonal skills are essential, and some experience of Communications and Engagement work would be advantageous.
- A car driving licence is essential.
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive 25 days of holiday and an extensive benefits package which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme as well as employee discounts. Additionally, we provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you.
Who are The Veolia Environmental Trust and what do we do?
The Veolia Environmental Trust has been supporting community and environmental projects through the Landfill Communities Fund for over 20 years. Since we were established in 1997, Veolia has supported us with contributions totalling over £93 million, enabling over 2,600 projects to make a difference in their communities. Examples of these include biodiversity projects, repairs to woodland footpaths, improving community halls and the installation of skateparks and playgrounds. For more information about the Trust visit www.veoliatrust.org
The Veolia Environmental Trust operates under the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF), this is a tax credit scheme enabling Landfill Operators (LOs) to contribute money to organisations enrolled with ENTRUST as Environmental Bodies (EBs). The Trust receives contributions from Veolia. The funding is used for a wide range of community and environmental projects in the vicinity of landfill sites. LOs are able to claim a credit against their landfill tax liability for 90% of the contributions they make. Since its inception in 1996, over £1.6 billion has been spent on almost 60,000 projects across the UK. For further information, please visit www.entrust.org.uk or see HMRC’s general guide to Landfill Tax
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to 'Resource the World'.
Improving communities, protecting the environment and creating an inclusive culture is right at the heart of our business. Together our employees make our communities better. They are the Resourcers, behind the resources. We want you to be part of our diverse workforce!